Fujairah mountain shooting championship

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perazman

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet. What are people's thoughts on FMSC? Anyone out there?

To be honest, the terrain does nothing for me. I'd definitely more a fields and trees type of man.

I haven't looked in to it but I imagine there's big money involved?

Does anyone know why Nad Al Sheba was never repeated?

PM.

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet. What are people's thoughts on FMSC? Anyone out there?

To be honest, the terrain does nothing for me. I'd definitely more a fields and trees type of man.

I haven't looked in to it but I imagine there's big money involved?

Does anyone know why Nad Al Sheba was never repeated?

PM.
I have some shooting friends out there. Infrastructure looks good. I gather it’s very tough targets. Yes massive prize money. $400k all told I think. 

I believe (can’t confirm) Nad al Sheba wasn’t repeated as organisers didn’t like criticism of the targets. It’s windy and sandy this time of year in the UAE desserts so not that pleasant potentially. 

From what I've seen it looks like extreme targets in a very (to me) sterile environment. I'd be demoralised very quickly.

Good luck to those who've gone and flown the flag for us brits though.

PM.

I like the idea of a number of $500 cash prizes for hitting random flash clays  . That idea with a suitable amount would be good in domestic competitions , it would encourage less competent shooters to dip their toes in the water if they could enter with a chance , rather than seeing their class go on the day to someone with a mega score . 
All that being said I feel for the poor sods listed as shooting Zero ( red on the scoresheet rather than blank for a no show ! ) 

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the Brits shooting well but yes, there are some very low scores. Saw a 1 on one stand and they didn’t go back, quite a few 2s and 3s.  Some comments were that it was very windy and targets very affected.  
Scores etc are on the English sporting clays site but I can only find them via FB for some reason. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the Brits shooting well but yes, there are some very low scores. Saw a 1 on one stand and they didn’t go back, quite a few 2s and 3s.  Some comments were that it was very windy and targets very affected.  
Scores etc are on the English sporting clays site but I can only find them via FB for some reason. 
I'm sure I saw a picture of a platform with a row of traps mounted on it. It was suspended via steel cables strung between two cranes.

Imagine that swinging in the wind!

PM.

Latest posts

Back