EJ Churchill Challenge

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just seen the leaderboard. Ha Ha! The handicap system looks slightly less discerning than a tombola! Utter nonsense. Steve Lovatt did it a second time, hit 13 more clays and this sent him rocketing down the leaderboard! Priceless.The advice seems to be hit about 30 and win it. Maybe.. depends if they have spun the drum much/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif It is a good course and I will shoot it again, but I will be viewing it as a good practice only and putting value on targets hit. Cheers,CSC3

Actual HG. Yes. So there is a point in you going (apart from its an enjoyable round). I make take my 11 year old along. He has never held a gun, but could win the handicap./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif CSC3

Mrs Fuz might be on for the handicap win then and shes rubbish /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif (dont tell her I said that /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-yell.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-yell.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-yell.gif) Ps Matt did you manage to get a block booking for next week?

You have reminded me - I was due a call back, will give them a ring tomorow morning...

Had a cheeky little pre-shootclay round with Tobi-wan today, thoroughly enjoyable afternoon and course. Nothing really silly and has been said before tasty long crosser on the grouse butt stand (hit 3 of them/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif) shot a 66 which I was pleased with. Felt I left a few out there and will see if I can get em tomorrow. Like Glen has said there is certainly a big score in it for someone with the talent, sadly not me  /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cry.gif  The 20 bird sequence was great, real quick snappy stuff to get the heart racing, think I shot 14 on that. Roll on tomorrow so I can have another go and try and pick up a few more/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Managed to shoot it yesterday . some really interesting stuff especially in the wind still didnt hit the high looper in the grouse but, thought i saw Ed there at one point. I struggled with the driven as per usual but hit all the midis on the next driven stand??? the 20 bird sequence was enjoyable managed a 16 a bit dissapointed with a 58 but beat last years score on a calmer dayoverall not bad although i did notice that my pre shot routine and concentration wasnt what it should be maybe because i havent picked up the gun in a while ,need to book a lesson with ed on loopers and driven in the new year

Did the same on the simo tower stand first time round /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cry.gif  Would think you over-led the driven standards if you hit all the midis, the standard coupled with the midi simo off the tower was nearly stopping when I shot it. I shot midi first then turned my feet and shot the standard more like a high l-r crosser than a driven bird second go round and walked off with an 8 instead of a 5 /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Yes myself Glen Phil and Elvis couldnt get on the pigeons but managed to get squeezed on in the end. I started off well but dropped  4 bunnies on the sequence and got the hump! (I had shot the harder half and only missed 2, both the long curling crosser in the grouse butt- great bird, was being pushed right out by the wind and landing other side of the bank half the time). Chucked a boatload away after the 20 bird sequence to end on 91 plus whatever handicap I got. some really nice birds there (crosser in grouse, looper which had the wind behind it, driven pair off tower), was a bit dissapointed at the ammount of no birds- more than I can remember seeing in a long while, and half the stands were not working so we had to bounce about  bit. I recon  Steve is on the money, 96/97 HG.Might go back in  the last week its on if Im feeling a bit keener. £37.50 is a bit of a joke considering the prize fund, and the handicap system seems a touch ridiculous. Good laugh with the guys though, better than staying at home. 

Good fun Ed ye,95 min.for you just need a bit of fine tuneing(joke)just let me know when you want to go out?.Happy new year mate./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-yell.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-yell.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-yell.gif

Hi Ed,I dropped 3 single rabbits (not as pairs) for 17 on the sequence /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-yell.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif. We had a monster number of no birds too, stand 9 I think, quartering L/R followed by crossing dropper R/L, should have been a ten for me but dropped 2 there. 

Brilliant good man. Of course Glen and I would at this point out that Mickey is a top Helice shot. :)))))))))))One of our GBR team members .:))))))))Hope he wins it. I have a great soft spot for Mickey.......great bloke and knows how to have a good time 'northern style'.:)

Latest posts

Back