Anyone planning to shoot The Churchill Challenge this year?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Response from E.J.Churchill

Dear Forum Users,

Many thanks for your comments and all feedback is good feedback.

The Churchill Challenge has always been very much a fun competition aimed at the C class shooters and at our members, many of whom shoot for fun in a less competitive environment.

Indeed it is our intention for anybody who is in the higher classes not to win the handicap system! That said, you can always shoot it on score ignoring the handicap system as per a normal high gun score.

Please see the rules here http://www.ejchurchill.com/ej//downloads/Churchill%20Challenge%202012%20-2013%20Rules.pdf

Many Thanks,

The E.J.Churchill team.

I think the trick is just to enjoy it as a shoot. Take the `handicap` as a tongue-in-cheek thing and understand that a tombola would be more of a skill assessment. That is how I will view it.

RBSS is the serious version; this is the fun warm-up. It is a chance to shoot at EJC for sensible money.

CSC3

Hoping to Shoot this on Friday 28th but given that my scores (and CPSA average) are really low I might have a chance :lol:  and as has been mentioned a cost effective way to shoot Churchill's. 

Absolutely correct - great opportunity to shoot the ground and its a fun shoot (especially the 20 bird sequence) - I seem to recall I had two goes last year and finished up around the same points even with the handicap.

Shot it this morning. Treated it as a bit of fun, mucking about with my recoil device and trying different cartridges, so my 80 clays hit is something I would definitely hope to significantly improve upon if I go again. (Likely as it is on until March I think..)

A nice enough course, with a couple of easy stands and one or two that were pretty stiff. Only two or three targets on the course want decent lead, the rest being tricky angles.

The 20 bird sequence could be better, as it involves only four traps, two of which are rabbits. Some sim pairs are very awkward, as there isnt time to shoot the second bird easily; whichever way round you do it.

The Royal Berkshire Handicap Challenge started today !! -same entry price - £200 Top Gun every week and Browning Heritage for the winner -  Monday to Saturday - just call 01491 672900 to get your guided time booked in - look forward to seeing you all soon!

The Royal Berkshire Handicap Challenge started today !! -same entry price - £200 Top Gun every week and Browning Heritage for the winner - Monday to Saturday - just call 01491 672900 to get your guided time booked in - look forward to seeing you all soon!
Dylan, you dreadful hijacker! And it's not the same entry price!

I started a thread for yours a while ago..

Last edited by a moderator:
I was stating the entry price of our shoot is the same as 2012 !

There was no intention to hijack whatsoever - my post has been moved to this section !!....

Off to shoot the Churchill this morning with Mum&Dad, I will post a video review in the reviews section later same as the RBSS Handicap :)

Thanks, word of the day is ATTACK! :D
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_514 using Board Express

68, not bad considering my latest scores but definitely 10 if not more light. Starting to get a bit yippy on teal and looper/chondels they are getting in my head :( lots of driven on the course and I must have missed more driven today than I have in the past year! again lots of last bird or penultimate pair misses, showing up a weakness on stands of 10 :(  Vids and pics later after we have taken the nieces to the chinese :)

Not bad mate. Another cold one for you! Stand 2 driven are about 7 yards above you. Inches of leeed required..

Straight stand 1, 9 on stand 2 so one away after 2 then got the yips on the orange teal after missing the first 2 out which led to thinking about that and struggling on the report driven :( need to get some teal practice in, its strange, one thing I could always bank on was teal and driven and I seem to have F**cked up both of them :(

Nice course and IMO not as difficult as last year, a few real quick simos on the sequence, the crossing tower bird on "harrys" and the r-l crosser after that are tricky but the rest are all pretty straight forward.

Did this again today. Better, but missed the usual handful of daft ones (even scorer agreed), but I'm at least only behind a few top names on actual clays killed now. No money, but feel a bit better..

Anyway, there was some talk of confusion over the end date for this shoot. One school of thought was that it finishes tomorrow (as opposed to Tuesday) so ring and check if you are thinking about it..

Cheers

Back