Dubai Tournament

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No thanks not for abroad working ho no !!!

Really looking forward to shooting this and having A holiday at same time , but listening and talking to people last weekend it will be like a normal Sunday loads of shooters I know are going ,

No thanks not for abroad working ho no !!!

Really looking forward to shooting this and having A holiday at same time , but listening and talking to people last weekend it will be like a normal Sunday loads of shooters I know are going ,
Steve you better send me in your place, you are far too busy this year - just seen what you are organising this year! Bloody good effort, look forward to Garlands and the Classic :) Sorry will return to topic now... It will be too hot for most of you out there anyway :biggrin:

Matt it will be a nice 25 to 28 degrees, whats wrong with that? it was hotter at the Beretta World this year.

Just a side note but anyone heading for Dubai/UAE should brush up on the laws there. I was looking to work out there for a year but it has not come off yet. Such things as a passenger in a car can be charged with being over the drink drive limit but here is a small list of the big No No's for those who have not already looked them up.

I was also asked if I was Jewish. If you are they will not even speak to you so i am lead to believe.

Here's a list of what not to do in Dubai:

Drinking: Drinking or being drunk in public is not tolerated and the legal drinking age is 21. you should only drink in a hotel.

Public displays of affection: Holding hands, kissing or gets cosy with your other half could lead to arrest and imprisonment.

Sex outside marriage: Sex between those who are not married is illegal and can lead to severe criminal sanctions.

Homosexuality: Homosexual acts are illegal and subject to severe punishment.

Swearing: Swearing and making rude gestures, such as the middle finger, are criminal acts in the UAE.

Swimwear: Wearing bathers outside the beach is against Dubai's decent laws and swimsuits in general should be modest. Nudity at beaches is illegal.

Smoking: Lighting up in a shopping mall, government building or shop can result in a fine.

Clothing: Woman's clothing may be considered indecent if it is tight, transparent, above the knee or shows her stomach, shoulders or back. Men should wear T-shirts at all times and short shorts can attract the wrong kind of attention.

Conversation: It is illegal to "harass" women - this includes unwanted conversation and prolonged stares or eye contact.

Photos: Taking photographs of people, particularly women, without permission is illegal and can lead to arrest or fines.

Ramadan: During Ramadan, it is illegal for non-Muslims to eat, drink or smoke in public in front of Muslims between sunrise and sunset.

Medicines: Many medications available over the counter or by prescription in Australia are illegal in the Dubai.

Drugs: The UAE laws on drugs are extremely strict, and include the death penalty or life in jail

Thanks Steve, Its nice to know what one should do when somewhere "different" they are certainly not going to stand for hooliganism as has  happened in the past overseas by Brit shooters!

You can happily get sh-faced in the good hotels. In fact it's positively encouraged. :) They are run by German managers and staffed by Indians. You can go for several weeks without seeing a UAE national when on holiday. Except for some that drop by to get sh-faced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Steve, Its nice to know what one should do when somewhere "different" they are certainly not going to stand for hooliganism as has  happened in the past overseas by Brit shooters!
Well it was the discussion on wearing shorts that prompted my post, I know (well hope and prey) that no one was planning on shooting in a Speedo but its very easy to fall foul of the law. The main worry is its not a fine you get its jail.

If you get "sh1tfaced" and then think I will go for a stroll outside the hotel, and get apprehended by the ArabFuzz you are going to jail.

Back