The future after Dubai

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamster

Regardless of whether this event delivers on the target front as well as hospitality, I predict that there will be more along the same theme in other countries, if not here then in the USA without a shadow of a doubt. No way will they stand back and be trumped when it comes to shooting.

Dubai is proving that there is huge demand, solidarity and goodwill towards mega events that will propell clay shooting into the limelight and the 21st century. I predict BIG events with meaningful prizes down to 30th with cars as well as cash for the top 3 will become annual events, what's more I predict entry fees of £500 will become commonplace and readily understood/accepted. Events catering for 1000 competitors over 5 days with entry fees for non competitors (to fund raffle prizes) will attract full entry from across the world and sponsorship will not be too thin on the ground.

I also predict that in order to cope with the entries it will need to be based on a mixture of target types as Fitasc does not lend itself to fluid organisation or the numbers which you need to make it self funding.

The russians tried this a few years ago and it fell flat, not many people out there that can cover the costs and prize fund to this level. Next year it will be $1m and will be interesting to see if its still all free.

The russians tried this a few years ago and it fell flat, not many people out there that can cover the costs and prize fund to this level. Next year it will be $1m and will be interesting to see if its still all free.
You need commitment, things like this don't cover costs in the first couple of years so you need Arab type money spent initially and to be fair they have shown a bit of flair too in realising that the entertainment and stage management are at least as important as the targets thrown.

It has to be balanced,  otherwise it becomes a three ring circus,  

It ties in nicley with the 10,000 hours post. 

Unless you have the ability & means to practice  to keep your game at the top, no  average joe is going to get a look in ...

The prize funds will diminish as a result, and it wont perpetuate.

Mart

So in future, maybe 1000 entries, mostly travelling from abroad with maybe three family members in tow. That's a lot of hotel and restaurant revenue over 5-7 days. I can see how some justification is made, nationally.

So in future, maybe 1000 entries, mostly travelling from abroad with maybe three family members in tow. That's a lot of hotel and restaurant revenue over 5-7 days. I can see how some justification is made, nationally.
I did some mental maths and reckon it wouldn't take a genius to draft the right sort of proposal to local hotels and link them to the entry web page (as per Dubai) and take an appropriate cut in commission, and before anyne says it will be negotiated to be cheaper than direct booking.

It has to be balanced, otherwise it becomes a three ring circus,

It ties in nicley with the 10,000 hours post.

Unless you have the ability & means to practice to keep your game at the top, no average joe is going to get a look in ...

The prize funds will diminish as a result, and it wont perpetuate.

Mart
You could say that about the Essex masters. About 1200 entries. How many win anything to write home about. 20? For some reason(s) the masses love big events with an atmosphere. It really is the taking part and the experience that counts. Today, hundreds of shooters are in in shopping malls and water parks. It's all part of the fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
:fie:  Before I get into a p***ing match with Hamster! here are a couple of questions.

1. The prizes (I phones, I pads, 5? cars/4 w drives etc plus $725000.00  is approx  $1 million +/  - ?

2. All of the infrastucture, roads, food, banquets, referees, advertising,all labour costs,  all material costs, the transport costs etc., etc I would guess  that

$2,000000 would not cover these costs?

Who will spend this type of money? :fie:  

:fie:  Before I get into a p***ing match with Hamster! here are a couple of questions.

1. The prizes (I phones, I pads, 5? cars/4 w drives etc plus $725000.00  is approx  $1 million +/  - ?

2. All of the infrastucture, roads, food, banquets, referees, advertising,all labour costs,  all material costs, the transport costs etc., etc I would guess  that

I think the second £1m you mention is more like £50k. They didn't build roads for this. :) They have a lot of inexpensive labour there..

The Mega events are going to take place on existing rented estates or grounds, no need for bulldozers, much of the advertising will come from sponsors supplying the flags and paying for the marquees, I could supply belly dancers five nights on the trot for a grand. This thread is about a hunch / prediction, nobody dies if it doesn't happen but I can't see the Texans being upstaged for a start.

this event is a big positive for shooting generally, Hamster 's on the right track I feel,, and shooters will go to big shoots,, the atmosphere and being able to shoot with the Fauldsy's and GD's is a big draw,,must be ,otherwise no-one would bother ,knowing that it's highly unlikely you will beat shooters like that! it's open to all, anyone COULD have won a car last week,, certainly a lot of people had a go!.

So Clever, how much do you imagine the Banquet cost for 500+ shooters  $3.00 a head? :fie:  

Don,

Now I'm really worried ! 

You and Camels

Cyril and Donkeys

Apparently next year the topography of the shooting ground will mirror Hodnet shooting ground, including a cliff so they can ping clays down it, best leave the bucket and spade at home next year...

And yes its on and yes its a cool $1m prize fund, which is nice...

2 questions.. 

1. will Nad Al Sheba be free again or was this to entice people out there 

2. can people really see people paying £500 to enter competitions and seeing the same people winning each time?

I can see a few paying any price just to say they have been there , seen it , done it.

In fact when you see the entry for this event  haven't we already seen people paying to play, and good luck to them, it's their money to do with as they like.

Latest posts

Back