Dubai Tournament

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Brits were there....just saying

And they did damn well....true story

:wink:

Oh God. No.. :wink: am I not meant to reply...ooooops sorry....precious one :wink:

I was only replying to some one who said I don't know about shooting. Nice of you to jump in though.

Pssst.....you do remember that I was the one who posted on here about the Dubai shoot coming...before it was ever released ....just saying.

Take it that I should just take a silly comment about me not knowing about shooting on the chin.....sorry not my style.

Enjoy your night. :wink:
Post away, just remember other people have legitimate opinions about shooting, not just the ones who remember shooting glass balls with feathers inside :)

Yes you did post about Dubai first, not sure if there was a prize for that, Matt?

Not sure what your point is MM.

I have simply posted facts. I trust I can have an opinion. I don't remember saying anyone else's opinion is wrong. Is that only your right? Have you become the 'post police'?

No need to tell me what to remember...I know we still live in a free world where everyone can have an opinion...do you?

Last edited:
Oh I am always naughty....but a great fighter for free speech and truth. :wink:

Being honest may not get you a lot of FRIENDS but it'll always get you the RIGHT ONES.

:laugh:

Get some of these as well as the sand....then by next year everyone will be ready...!

2edrx2b.jpg

f0pu6e.jpg

Last edited:
I guess Dubai is now Goodbye? looks like its been kicked to death? roll on next year. :fie:  

I guess Dubai is now Goodbye? looks like its been kicked to death? roll on next year. :fie:  
Not at all.  Dubai has been a hot topic of conversation at two grounds that I've been at over the weekend and a lot of people who didn't go this year are hoping to attend next year.  Seems to me that it will be a while before the interest generated by Dubai dies down.  It's been an amazing inspiration for many clay shooters. :)

" Everyone interested to ask what it was like today. "

That is easy to answer Jem, " Warm , Wealthy, Sandy."

I think there is so much interest in going next year that they will have to revue immigration law. It will be a two week event next year, one week spent queueing at immigration passport control.

:fie:  OH! silly me, now the fitasc experts have arrived home? next year? ask some of the Big Dawgs? :crazy:  

:fie:  OH! silly me, now the fitasc experts have arrived home? next year? ask some of the Big Dawgs? :crazy:  
What I can tell you is that one young lad who was at Dubai shot a personal best at Weston Wood of 91 today, 2 days after coming back from Dubai.  But you'd call him a Wannabe I suppose....  he is after all only a B Class shooter and used most of his savings from a summer job to go to Dubai -  so what does it really matter what our kids, tomorrows shooters, are taking from the Dubai inspiration?

Maybe you're just a little confused after listening to too much of your Spice Girl music collection. ;)

You're certainly sounding silly so you're right there.

Last edited by a moderator:

What I can tell you is that one young lad who was at Dubai shot a personal best at Weston Wood of 91 today, 2 days after coming back from Dubai.  But you'd call him a Wannabe I suppose....  he is after all only a B Class shooter and used his most of his savings from a summer job to go to Dubai -  so what does it really matter what our kids, tomorrows shooters, are taking from the Dubai inspiration?

Maybe you're just a little confused after listening to too much to your Spice Girl music collection. ;)

You're certainly sounding silly so you're right there.
Go Ben ! Hopefully his stuff has arrived from us dunc.......glad to support future shooters

www.proshock.co.uk

Go Ben ! Hopefully his stuff has arrived from us dunc.......glad to support future shooters www.proshock.co.uk
Yes Steve, many thanks.  You have managed to sort the ear protection for him - the first time anybody has managed to make earplugs that fit. Other people have tried but the plugs were unwearable/didn't fit.

Your company's generosity has been much appreciated. :)

And that has been in additon to the red, white and blue patriotic finish to the plugs - he'll not lose those in a hurry - and will be using them at the first round of the Oxford GC School's Challenge on Wed with all his mates!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ask the big dawgs what? Why they didn't take it seriously and prepare for the biggest event in the sports history! Gebben Miles spent all of February shooting targets on a sandy background, so hardly a surprise when he won. So are you saying none of the big dawgs are going next year?

Do what I do talk to them and listen to what they say! Who told you Gebben had practised for a month and how did he know where the layouts were situated?

I am not surprised he won because I have been following his progress the last couple of years and I believe he is on par with George!

Whether good or not so good, FITASC or not, hard or very hard, a group of us from in NZ are very keen to go next year.

It's the experience and being part of the event, the effort put in looked absolutely unbelievable, so just to experience that..

The top boys and girls are in a league of their own, so lets immediately put that aside and go and have fun and immerse ourselves in the event. 

THANKS to those that sent pictures and reports, appreciated!! 

Back