Dubai shooting help

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's probably to ensure that there is adequate transportation to the ground?

I have replied twice with the form & all relevant photo copy's, also rang several times, still no confirmation! Micky mouse show never again. I'm aranginge for someone to pick my perazzi up from the airport if it does not make the flight, & we will just have an Holliday, & rite off the $500. went to Canada last year, peace of cake.

Are you blaming the shoot for the airline?

Or just having a moan?

I don't understand what the issue is I've got four guns booked on two different flights with Emirates with no hassle.

It's only an email?

I was emailed about my hotel, sent all 5 questions back with reply.

No confirmation back as yet from Emirates security office as to wether they have my form, for gun, ring again to moz.

A friend is also having the same problem, she rang up today and they don't have any race of her email despite getting a conformation email from them when sending it. She trying again tomorrow after resending it for the 3rd time!!

Just to check the airline state in their reply email that we should contact uae ministry of defence etc-this has already been sorted has it not by the hosts??

I was emailed about my hotel, sent all 5 questions back with reply.

No confirmation back as yet from Emirates security office as to wether they have my form, for gun, ring again to moz.
Don't worry about the hotel one.They've sent me that three times now.

I just copy and paste my last response to them.

Re Emirates

Are you mailing the manservices email?

They were really efficient with my mails.

Moan? I'm not having a go at anyone, please explain all the ins & outs to me & others who have not got confirmation as required according to the airlines policy, that my gun as safe passage. I have phoned half a dozen times, & most staff don't know what shooting competition! or how to get a gun on board, with a ten grand gun in bosh hands, yes I'm a little concerned.

A friend is also having the same problem, she rang up today and they don't have any race of her email despite getting a conformation email from them when sending it. She trying again tomorrow after resending it for the 3rd time!!

Just to check the airline state in their reply email that we should contact uae ministry of defence etc-this has already been sorted has it not by the hosts??
The shoot organisation will be waiting at DXB with the police to check your Shotgun into the armoury.

We have just sent one to man services, thanks for that advice. But the staff on the phone never mentioned that one. She confirmed on the phone she had my email and would forward it to the relevant dpt! And we would get confirmation! Never got an email from them, and I have been on the ball from day one. Rob

We have just sent one to man services, thanks for that advice. But the staff on the phone never mentioned that one. She confirmed on the phone she had my email and would forward it to the relevant dpt! And we would get confirmation! Never got an email from them, and I have been on the ball from day one. Rob
There's plenty of time, and no panic. Turn up with the form the emails and the invite you'll be fine.

Remember the man on the invite is part of the family that owns the airline.

Yes that was my thoughts, but my brother in law is a captain, & if the captain says no guns on his flight"" that's the end of it, captain as the last say.

Also in Emirates policy it states after 72 hours before the flight with no notification no gun will be excepted. So one can only assume all this is to make sure the flight captain is agreeable. Rob. thanks again for that email address every little helps.

The airline will be fine, as Jeremy said just bring your emails and invite. Emirates have so far been the easiest/quickest gun check in of all the airlines once you actually arrive. Relax, it will be sorted!

You will be fine mate honestly.

I'd take a few dirrums with incase you needs taxis, drink etc from airport then get the bulk changed up at the mall of the emirates- they have me quite a good rate last year..! :)

Currency club! An online service, great rates, delivered cash to your door. Sort it at least a week before you leave obviously.

I'm hoping the nice man from the Exchange is still working there, hoping to change up about half a million in Sterling if I can get the same rate as Mr Solomons...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back