Dubai shooting help

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loads to answer there.

There's a little of go with the flow as we don't know how they will organise this years format.

My thoughts are it will be quick shooting but it's nice to be at the ground. The food is very pleasant.

Practise is squadded and limited to the published target allowance.

My advice would be two cases as I can see one case causing problems when collecting guns from the Armoury.

I don't see them squadding you together either.

Taxis are cheap if a little rubbish at knowing where anything is.

I think you advise them now of any additions for the ground and Gala dinner.

I sent them an email a while back to ask the same question is my wife allowed to attend the Gala function, no problem was the reply.

I'm assuming you've got all your guests registerd on the companion section on your dashboard?

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent them an email a while back to ask the same question as my wife is allowed to attend the Gala function, no problem was the reply.

I'm assuming you've got all your guests registerd on the companion section on your dashboard?
Not yet. Awaiting passports to come back as both the youngsters had less than 6 months left on theirs.

I assumed the 'companion' section of the registration was for that very purpose and allow them access to the shooting ground.......I'm sure I can persuade them to come on one day at least ?

As for the two guns in one case did anybody do this last year? I have a Peli case so I can transport two guns in the same case but if this is going to cause a problem I will need to reconsider.

DT

Ive convinced my wife to come on the training day, I was going to use my peli case as well it's probably similar to yours as it can hold 2 guns, but it's rather large and heavy so I've decided to use the standard perazzi case.

Don't forget your luggage allowance is part of your gun case as well.

Squad ding is random and as such I'd say two seperate cases needed otherwise could be hard work.

If you leave the ground and get called out for the truck, be prepared for several years of pi55 taking to ensue!

Has anyone flying with Emirates been asked for an export/import permit?

Not yet. I know there is a gun specific form which needs to be filled in but is was told that this Nad Al Sheba specific form would not be available until today (20th). Call your local Emirates office and they will email the form .....hopefully!

DT

Enjoy the weather, this was the Desert last night

10690289_835590559816414_6017390694235899617_n.jpg

You don't need fill anything in, just give them a call 3 days before u fly to notify them ur carrying firearms

I didn't go to the last years event so I can't comment on last years event. However Emirates has said to me to forward a copy of your passport, sgc, proof of what your doing over there and to fill out section A of the Emirates Group security Firearms/weapons & Ammunition Declaration, no later than 30 before departure.

The import/export part I haven't replied to. I got an email back today saying they've received all my documents and is in the relevant department.

17c0677ca6b26f843aa08ab97222c182_zpsb08ee3b6.jpg

Varying information there then, on there website it says to call 3 days in advance and I called there office and was told the same, all the other airlines we've flown with in the past have never required a form to be filled in, you normally do that at the airport,

I,ll have to give them another bell :)

Varying information there then, on there website it says to call 3 days in advance and I called there office and was told the same, all the other airlines we've flown with in the past have never required a form to be filled in, you normally do that at the airport,

I,ll have to give them another bell :)
Let us know. Last year I did the form filling but others on the flight just rocked up and told them at check in.

When i rang them (emirates) they emailed a form to me, back in December.

Filled it in, emailed it back and they said It was to early, and send it again after the 20th Jan.

Something similar to the form in the earlier post. :bb:

I've just phoned them up, this time told you do need to fill a form in, prob better safe than sorry, as it doesn't say this on there website if you just turned up ud probably still get through

Thank you for contacting us to notify that you will be carrying registered firearms in your checked luggage.

In order to be granted clearance for such carriage, please fill in the attached form and send back to us along with a scanned colour copy of your valid passport and of your valid firearm licence at your earliest convenience. This will then be forwarded to the relevant authorities who will in turn assess your request and advise status of the clearance.

Important note:

- Applications will be submitted to authorities no earlier than 1 month prior to departure

- Please also note that we are unable to accept any requests made within 72 hours of departure.

Stephen Wilson |

Business Services, 1000 Aviatory Way  | T 0844 800 4814|

Manchester, United Kingdom | www.emirates.com |E –[email protected]

All rather confusing for a simple old fella like me.  I shall rely on my Social Secretary to guide me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back