DT10 to a DT11 or vice versa

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walter

Anyone moved from a DT10 to a DT11 or vice versa ?

Just looking some feedback 😉

Early DT11s were heavy and cumbersome and some people did go back to DT10s. There are those who love the 11s, especially Jasper on here, but among the registered sporting sporting punters, I'd say there are still more 10s around than 11s. My guess is that there's so little difference in the mechanics and feel that the 11 isn't really seen as an upgrade - except in the price of course!

My guess is that there's so little difference in the mechanics that the 11 isn't really seen as an upgrade - except in the price of course!
Not really. Despite appearances the DT10 and 11 are very different guns. There’s quite few subtle differences.

Having shot both, the DT10’s undoubtedly a fine gun, especially in XTrap guise. The DT11’s a refinement on what was already a successful formula. The cross bolt lock up isn’t for everyone though.

For the average competitor I doubt you’d notice too much difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really. Despite appearances the DT10 and 11 are very different guns. There’s quite few subtle differences.

Having shot both, the DT10’s undoubtedly a fine gun, especially in XTrap guise. The DT11’s a refinement on what was already a successful formula. The cross bolt lock up isn’t for everyone though.

For the average competitor I doubt you’d notice too much difference.
It was so refined the early ones had problems as you have said, unfortunately so do some of the later ones. Beretta seem to have lost their quality control department just lately  

DJD.

So here's my take. For what it's worth. Traded from a 682 golde to dt11. Both 32" barrels. Both adjustable comb. Mine is a later one with the lighter barrel set,  and balances and moves beautifully. Its a more substantial gun (than both a 682 golde and a dt10) and took some getting used too after the 682. Shot a friends dt10 a few times and it's flighty in comparison to the 11. 

And this is part of the problem with some folk. They buy the "wonder gun" and expect instant results. An when they don't come then its the gun thats at fault.🙄 Persevere and you will reap the rewards as I have . And the Mrs also.

The blue stripe is crap. Mine was returned to gmk.   But it was sorted. Pay close attention if you're  buying 2nd hand. 

Gone from mid 70's (b class)with the 682 golde to an 87% average (AA).  And yes I improved and learned a lot, but the dt11 is so easy to shoot that it has undoubtedly helped in all respects.  The trigger is simply better than anything out there. Felt recoil is non existent.  And I'm a sensitive  type.

We've had 2 for around 5 years now and aside from the stripe absolutely no problems whatsoever.  

Kills on clays are devastating  with rarely more than half choke and fblus. 

Buy a later one with the lighter barrels.

Ignore the misplaced reputation.  

Barrel weights and stuff discussed elsewhere on here. 

Pound for pound the best high end clay gun out there. 

Any questions I'll try to answer .

Jasper. 

Yep but they don't cost 15k. Hence the pound for pound reference. 

And it's not going back every week like the temperamental barvarians.  😉

And it doesn't  need its ribs resoldering every week. And its main springs don't  break daily. 

If you think the extra 6-7k plus buys the win then be my guest. 

I stand by it. 

Jasper  

DJD.

So here's my take. For what it's worth. Traded from a 682 golde to dt11. Both 32" barrels. Both adjustable comb. Mine is a later one with the lighter barrel set,  and balances and moves beautifully. Its a more substantial gun (than both a 682 golde and a dt10) and took some getting used too after the 682. Shot a friends dt10 a few times and it's flighty in comparison to the 11. 

And this is part of the problem with some folk. They buy the "wonder gun" and expect instant results. An when they don't come then its the gun thats at fault.🙄 Persevere and you will reap the rewards as I have . And the Mrs also.

The blue stripe is crap. Mine was returned to gmk.   But it was sorted. Pay close attention if you're  buying 2nd hand. 

Gone from mid 70's (b class)with the 682 golde to an 87% average (AA).  And yes I improved and learned a lot, but the dt11 is so easy to shoot that it has undoubtedly helped in all respects.  The trigger is simply better than anything out there. Felt recoil is non existent.  And I'm a sensitive  type.

We've had 2 for around 5 years now and aside from the stripe absolutely no problems whatsoever.  

Kills on clays are devastating  with rarely more than half choke and fblus. 

Buy a later one with the lighter barrels.

Ignore the misplaced reputation.  

Barrel weights and stuff discussed elsewhere on here. 

Pound for pound the best high end clay gun out there. 

Any questions I'll try to answer .

Jasper. 
Everything he said is spot on the money.

Love mine to pieces, take a bit of learning but they are world class guns.

Yep but they don't cost 15k. Hence the pound for pound reference. 

And it's not going back every week like the temperamental barvarians.  😉

And it doesn't  need its ribs resoldering every week. And its main springs don't  break daily. 

If you think the extra 6-7k plus buys the win then be my guest. 

I stand by it. 

Jasper  
Don’t disagree with that, the problem is at £6-7000 you’re into good used Krieghoff, Kolar, Perazzi and even SO5 money, all of which are generally more gun than a DT11.

I certainly wouldn’t knock the DT11, they’re a fine firearm that'll last years. It’s stretching it a little to say they’re the best high end clay gun out there though.

I am not a DT11 owner so my experience is VERY limited however my DT10 was a great gun (like a fool I sold it) but when I was given the chance to try one, a 32'' as was my gun but in all honesty I found the 11 to be heavy compared to to my 10 and the palm swell to be not as comfortable but it is not fair to say the 11 is not as good as my 10 but perhaps it would take longer to get used to it.  Funnily enough, I picked up a fairly new DT11 in the rfd and next to it was the new 694 31'' which seemed to suit me better than the 11, the palm swell was a much better feel for me but there again we are all different in what we like.

The worst gun I have ever tried was a Blaser, kick like a Blackpool donkey, just did not feel good at all but I am sure it was just me as some very good shots use them.

I’ve had the 10 and the 11. Personally I preferred the 10. I had a pretty early 11 and I was never really happy with the patterns it threw. They seemed very open, I tried all sorts of different shells but it made little difference. 
Basically I lost confidence in the gun, as lovely as it was.

Don’t disagree with that, the problem is at £6-7000 you’re into good used Krieghoff, Kolar, Perazzi and even SO5 money, all of which are generally more gun than a DT11.

I certainly wouldn’t knock the DT11, they’re a fine firearm that'll last years. It’s stretching it a little to say they’re the best high end clay gun out there though.
Jan you mentioned Kolar, lovely guns. I’ve only ever seen one, that was at Purbeck Shooting School when Graham Brown was trying to introduce them into the U.K. as far as I remember. 
I don’t recall ever seeing anyone actually using one and I’ve never met anyone who’s owned one. 
Yet another make of gun that didn’t seem to take off over here. Mind you, I think they cost rather a lot of money and they were up against severe competition. Did you ever shoot one Jan? 

A chap local to me has one he used to shoot skeet extremely well with it.  It was the heaviest shotgun I've ever picked up. Must have been over 10lbs 

A little off topic but I always had a hankering for a Kemen trap but never actually shot one let alone bought one, sorry I strayed away, it comes with age....

Latest posts

Back