Double discharge DT10 query

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know about the Beretta selectors other than on the old SxS's and the 682's where they are a proper PITA coz easy to move when pushing on the top lever.  Perazzis do not seem to like to have the selector moved with the gun closed and cocked but I'm not sure that applies to all of the three or four dif kinds of selectors Perazzi has.  IMO it seems that selecting the barrel (on purpose) with the gun open is a best practices but I really don't know if that is necessary with the DT.
Fear not Charlie I select my barrel before I load.

Well Tony was going to look at it last night and then fell asleep so went out today a little nervous and took Lola May as a back up but two 100 bird shoots and no double discharges.  He’s going to look at it anyway.

May be of some help my Browning 725 mk2  worked fine from new for around a year, then started double discharging recently about 3 times on a 100 bird shoot. When l got home took the stock off and the action looked as dry as a bone! A drop of oil in all the strategic places solved the problem it has never happened again. 

May be of some help my Browning 725 mk2  worked fine from new for around a year, then started double discharging recently about 3 times on a 100 bird shoot. When l got home took the stock off and the action looked as dry as a bone! A drop of oil in all the strategic places solved the problem it has never happened again. 
Thank you.  Tony took everything apart and all seems well.  Having had those 4 double discharges last Saturday I went on to shoot two 100 bird shoots on the Sunday and then one this week on Thursday with (touch wood) no double discharges.  Weird I know, only difference was I was using fibre cartridges on the Saturday but surely that shouldn't matter.

Glad all seems ok, my Browning showed no visible problems either and looked perfect inside, the mechanical triggers even have a small recoil weight to prevent double discharges! But since oiling it has worked immaculately, gun shops used to service new guns before putting them up for sale but maybe not any more. I'm sure you using fibre cartridges will make no difference what so ever.

Back