Double discharge DT10 query

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sian

Posted 16 minutes ago

Went to Bisley for a change today - pay and play at Long Siberia which was very enjoyable part from the three double discharges I had with my DT10.  Very disconcerting.  Each time it happened all on the same stand I gave my gun to Tony to fire off with no problems.  He was teasing me that it was me until he then had one with my gun.  I carried on around the course and it didn’t happen again.  Thoughts please.

It was know to happen early DT10 models not sure what the fix is....but I can't imagine it been a big job......do an internet search I'm sure you will find lots on the subject

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

First thing to check is that you are hitting the stop when you open the gun.  It is possible to just barely catch the sears if the gun is not open ALL the way and then the 2nd bbl will double.  Perazzis and KG's will do it too.  

Or the innards could just be crusty.  Cleanness is next to Godessness.

Metal does not grow.  Crud might.  If it didn't do it for hundreds of carts then mechanical is less likely.  Those triggers are not complicated and if the sears/disconnect were fitted properly it is unlikely that they have changed.  Check the little springs.  Or have the smith do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a common fault with the DT10..............what do you expect when you buy a Beretta, perfection !  :lol:  

Double or fan?
Fan?  They both went together like a f***ing buffalo load.

This is a common fault with the DT10..............what do you expect when you buy a Beretta, perfection !  :lol:  
Rolling my eyes at you

First thing to check is that you are hitting the stop when you open the gun.  It is possible to just barely catch the sears if the gun is not open ALL the way and then the 2nd bbl will double.  Perazzis and KG's will do it too.  

Or the innards could just be crusty.  Cleanness is next to Godessness.

Metal does not grow.  Crud might.  If it didn't do it for hundreds of carts then mechanical is less likely.  Those triggers are not complicated and if the sears/disconnect were fitted properly it is unlikely that they have changed.  Check the little springs.  Or have the smith do it.
Thank you Charlie 

Had this happen once on a Winchester, but ONLY when the gun was pointing upwards. Gunsmith fixed it in about 10 minutes, as Charlie nearly said  "Cleanliness is Godliness". It was dried grease that caused the Winchester's problem.

The burning question is. Did you hit the clay?
I was so shocked I didn’t see ?. Then missed a few as I was expecting it to happen again.  Took a while to pluck up some courage to attempt some high driven.

I had a double discharge once many years ago....................................she was young and blonde  :oops:

Had this on my DT10 a couple of times. 

Im left handed, and I “believe” it was due to me knocking the barrel selector switch when opening the gun. I changed to start shooting top barrel first, problem solved. No double discharge since. 

Had this on my DT10 a couple of times. 

Im left handed, and I “believe” it was due to me knocking the barrel selector switch when opening the gun. I changed to start shooting top barrel first, problem solved. No double discharge since. 
That was still in the right position for bottom barrel.  I occasionally purposefully select a barrel with no problems to date but I didn’t do that today.

I had a double discharge once many years ago....................................she was young and blonde  :oops:
Still rolling my eyes at you ?

Sian,

Not a major issue , possibly a light engagement of the second barrel sear .

Could be crud or fair wear & tear due to age and number of cycles .

If it persists get it in for a cleanse and cuddle at your local gun monkey.

WAKE UP.....................WAKE UP...................You know you will not sleep later,  IF you nod off this early  !!!      :lol:

I don't know about the Beretta selectors other than on the old SxS's and the 682's where they are a proper PITA coz easy to move when pushing on the top lever.  Perazzis do not seem to like to have the selector moved with the gun closed and cocked but I'm not sure that applies to all of the three or four dif kinds of selectors Perazzi has.  IMO it seems that selecting the barrel (on purpose) with the gun open is a best practices but I really don't know if that is necessary with the DT.

Latest posts

Back