Do stock dimensions need bringing up to date?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thankfully, I appear to be Browning's idea of Mr Average. It means I don't have to have an adjustable stock B)

My blaser stock is 35/50 and I was told at a gun fit session at Holland and Holland it was too high. Put it on a pattern plate and was 50:50 at 30yards. I’ll keep it as it is thanks. 

Every Beretta i have had apart from one has had 34-44 drop. Yes they were available in three sizes but as you rightfully say gmk picked what size they wanted and unless you factory ordered that's what you got and i respectfully disagree that the size was anything other than 34-44 at least from 1994 which was the year i went Beretta👍
I can only speak to 682 stocks, but here in the US four comb heights were available.  They were coded by a dot of paint in the inletting; white, green, red, and yellow.  I never knew the order or the dimensions.  Red seemed to be quite common.  I was told by Beretta USA, who didn't know either, that the relative heights were different for sporting stocks than Monte Carlo stocks.

So, totally useless trivia

Last edited by a moderator:
Back