Semi Auto Stocks

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darkside

Was at North Ayrshire on Saturday picking up shells/having a practice, mooching round the racks of guns, the Benelli shoot came to mind, so I started picking up semi auto's and shouldering them...each and every one was miles too low in the comb for me, Benelli's, Beretta's, Brownings a Remington. It got me thinking, is there any semi auto's out there with decent stock dimentions? I know auto's are not designed for trap shooting, but I need a 'trap' stock on a sporter or at least a comb that lets me see a little top rib...I might even give one a go as a pigeon/goose gun if there was one that fitted me, but every one I shouldered was flatter than flat, and the comb's were lower than low!!!

So, is there a semi auto out there with,

1. A decent comb height, or even an adjustable comb?

2. Not 'fly away' light, 7.5 Ilb+ and balanced reasonably well?

3. Preferably synthetic stocked with a plain black, black/silver but not cammo or with a bright red/blue reciver?

4. 3" chamber

James - there is the Remington 1100 Sporter which comes with a fully adjustable synthetic stock - if you bingle the Shootinguk website and do a search they have review of one from 2012 on there. Nice looking gun. The only other i have any idea if is the Fabarm XLR - a pal had one for a while nice gun to shoot / about 8-1/2pounds with 30in barrels but wooden stock. Felt a tad long to me but i dont shoot well with them usually for same reasons you stated. Hope it helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with both of you, I can't find a decent semi auto with either Trap or at least half decent stock measurements either. I think Claydoo is talking about this:

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/Guns-For-Sale/Remington_Shotgun_1100-Competition_For-Sale_140509110636001

The stock looks almost high enough but no doubt spacers should make it a bit better and handy because it has the shock absorber ready fitted and price isn't crazy. The Fabarm XLR being mentioned is a very handy feeling gun in the flesh and I have seen a couple being used to great effect but I personally wouldn't buy one as they're recoil and not gas operated.

I had the same problem so in the end brought in a Beretta AL 391 Urika 2 parallel target from the States. It has 32" barrels, stepped rib and montecarlo stock, just the job!

I believe they have stopped making them but think they do a A400 version over there. It took about 3 months to get it over through an arms broker in the States who then sent it by post to my RFD in the UK.

Clearly there is no call for a high comb semi over here ! :rolleyes:   :D

Hamster the Fabarm is gas operated.
a3yve3at.jpg
epugygy4.jpg

" thats when the fight started "

I actually owned one of these: Beretta AL 391 Urika 2 with a high stepped rib, it shot just like a trap gun, only sold it as I needed the funds elsewhere. Scott Collet at Greenfields is worth a shout.

Hamster the Fabarm is gas operated.
a3yve3at.jpg
epugygy4.jpg
I was under the impression they're recoil operated ?! People I have spoken to including Scott Collet who has one said they're soft shooting so that would explain a lot. Whenever I have fired non gas auto's they have been pretty fierce,

Hamster the Fabarm is gas operated. " thats when the fight started "

I was under the impression they're recoil operated ?! People I have spoken to including Scott Collet who has one said they're soft shooting so that would explain a lot. Whenever I have fired non gas auto's they have been pretty fierce,
I've got one Hamster and yes they are seriously smooth to shoot, tried a friends Benelli and it battered me around and spat fire out of the ejection port, first time I have felt recoil in years not good.

tried some semi,s at coleys open day the other week a400 ,maxus ,sx3 and the fabarm . the fabarm is the best by far . very smooth . always thought beretta was the best semi . attitude now adjusted. think the fabarm is available with synthetic stock but then you would loose the adjustable stock. then it will be too low? 3" chamber . steel proof thru full choke. nice to shoot, the downside? loads more dosh than a beretta.   how about a 391 and have a comb raiser fitted?   

Yes, I own a Beretta, shoot and I love my DT11...but if Beretta try to polish a dog sh*t, I'm not going to lie, I'll puke in my own mouth and be honest...it's a polished dog sh*te...just like a Browning Cynergy!!! ;)

Don't forget that if you shoot at a GMK sponsored shoot  you can only shoot a gun they import.

Don't forget that if you shoot at a GMK sponsored shoot you can only shoot a gun they import.
I hope they are reading this and get inspired to add a semi auto with decent stock dimensions!!!

Latest posts

Back