decent fibre wad?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never said that they will out perform plas wads , said some !!! as for Express Supreme yes they are hard hitting but slower than world cup which   is there top shell  :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can only speak as I find and having fired several thousand Hull Superfast fibres through my 8 1/4lbs., backbored Miroku which is fitted with 2 x 1/4 chokes, I can honestly say that there are no recoil issues, I do not need a gallon or so of bore cleaner  and a mile and a half of kitchen towel  to remove the fouling. It takes me around 10 minutes to clean the gun,  unless it has got wet,  and I am not blinded by the confetti during their use. I do store them indoors BUT I do not sleep with them, keep them in the airing cupboard or carry out many of the strange rituals that have been recommended on here in the past. I firmly believe that if something aint broken, then don't fix it. The Hull work very well for me and at an excellent price, which is more than I can say for some of the other cartridges that I have tried, at any price. So, they're or their, but probably there you have it.

i shoot fiocchi F blacks in fibre and find them a good performance shell. Also my wife has tried fiocchi TT twos 28g fibre and also TT 21s which are a 21 g shell, great for practicing and low recoil and can smash clays at 50 yards. 

Should have read,    "Well actually my wife can smash clays at 50 yards.|"

I picked up a slab of Bornaghi Sport Fibre 28gm from Coley's this morning for Monday night shoots which have a wadding restriction. Considering they are dirt cheap I was pleasantly surprised. Quite loud but smooth. Quite a bit of brass and white casing so look expensive ha ha!

Do the very expensive shells have a better wad my gun don't like any fibre wads iv shot so far 

I would assume so. I can't comment with any authority as I find I can miss perfectly well with the cheapest shells so haven't upgraded yet :-D 

Personally I'd drop to a 24g load if recoil is an issue.

The Gamebore Evo's are quite nice or a bit more pricey the White Gold 24g. 

I don't use fibre normally but I have been shooting at a few grounds recently where fibre has to be used so a bit of a learning curve for me. I didn't like the Hull Superfast, seemed to be quite harsh so bought a slab of Pro Fibre and have been pleased with them. Recoil is comfortable and the shell is hard hitting with very good breaks (when I hit them ).

I used to use Sovereign plastic some years ago and loved them for ball trap and sporting but became hard to get so I moved on. I just bought a few boxes of Sovereign fibre to try although I think they may be a bit thumpy but as yet I cannot comment ----------------------- we will soon find out.

It is a pity that Eley don't make a fibre version of the 'Superb' cartridge.

Phil

I have some 24g Pro Fibres which break clays like an anvil. Recoil is nothing, so much so that its weird to use them. My usual Fibre is Gamebore Velocity 28g, which offer medium recoil, wads that don't break up and great value.

sorry, just noticed that this is an old thread. Repeating myself from P1..

Last edited by a moderator:
I shot the Express fibre with good results but the batch of Gamebore Velocity I am currently going through has had about 8 miss-fires so far in the first 500 or so.  The firing pin has punched the cap but no bang!  Probably unlucky and the place I bought them from is too far away to both returning them now. Hopefully I wont have any more.

I fired two Hull super fast and that was enough. Horrible. If you want low recoil, try the Pro Fibre. I used the 24g version the other day at a registered shoot. They were excellent in all respects and very soft on the shoulder indeed. Otherwise, my usual all-rounder is Gamebore Velocity but they have more kick.
So Will do you have any news on the new Gamebore Velocity plus cartridges?

I did a Corporate shoot  2 weeks ago, they provided Gamebore 'Evo' fibre wads in 28 gram. I put probably around 350 through my 391 auto. As I did not finish until after 7.00pm. and then had a drive home, I left the gun cleaning until the Sunday morning. I have to say that my gun took a bit of cleaning, it  was really filthy. As to the cartridge performance, the clay was belly on at around 16 yards. Those hit were dusted with the i/c Briley choke.  As I am unable to shoot a gun at present, I did not feel the 'recoil', but there were no complaints from any who were shooting. The shooters were both Male and Female with ages ranging from 6 to 70 +. I had 1 cartridge misfeed throughout the day. All in all they appeared to be a decent cartridge, if a little dirty,  compared to my usual personal choice of cartridge

Latest posts

Back