Clay shooting - The future

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
peter we all need to be there stuff your shooting mate. and that go/s to all of you out there get you backsides down there. a bit harsh so stop your moning everthing in the garden is rosey like steve lovet it/s not.  has the charman of the west midlands to say he hasent read the articles is a disgrace. i/m sick of all the wingers out there. i only want to shoot  

Joe,

I think that no matter what we do , we really are wasting our time. 

If you were running a clay shooting ground would you bother to upset the Board or the Organisation .

I think Steve knows which side his bread is buttered and as long as entrants come through his door why should he be bothered. He can run a shoot with or without the CPSA.

I feel sure that Steve has read the articles and realises that we the membership have been stitched up like a kipper , including the continued use of a smoke screen.

You bought a little smile to my face with your post Joe when I read this bit.

' peter we all need to be there stuff your shooting mate. and that go/s to all of you out there get you backsides down there.'

Do you mean all thirty of us on average that turn out or the 23,000 who only want to go shooting?

Hey I'll tell you something now that's a disgrace that 3 years ago if it wasn't for myself and Allison the west mids region would not exist today as no one else wanted to do it , so before you start ranting from the side lines think about what you can do for west mids next year because like I told our last meeting we ain't doing it after January so it might all fold and go back to HQ , but as normal people shout and rant they don't like how people do it but don't want to do anything themselves

Steve

And I just want to go shooting now...like everyone else. :wink: ....true story..!

I know nic its not good but at least i am honest. I just have not got the time or the inclination for such things i know i should but there you go.

I know nic its not good but at least i am honest. I just have not got the time or the inclination for such things i know i should but there you go.
Well if I can,I should like to get onto Dorset committee next year.I have no idea if I can, or what good it may do,but I should like to try anyway!

:fie:  After 46years or more being a clay shooter the apathy is worse now than it ever was!   Shooters are their own worst enemies! :crazy:

Instead of different logos sewn onto their shooting vests they should have embroidered on them,

"I don't want politics I just want to shoot!   (how mant times have I heard that? :fie:    well you are bringing most of it on yourselves!

The best thing to do is sit on the fence and shake your heads and watch it die! :fie:   :fie:   :fie:   :fie:   :fie:   :fie:

couple of quick questions from a relative newcomer,

Why do you need CPSA?  

Surley if enough members object, can a vote of no confidence be raised against the current committe?

if you were all to vote with your feet, and leave, what could  / can  they do?

Mart

The cost of this sport has spiralled upwards in the last few years , its putting off potential newcomers. An average 100 birds with carts is approx. £60 for an hours shooting, its not a cheap sport anymore

couple of quick questions from a relative newcomer,

Why do you need CPSA?  

Surley if enough members object, can a vote of no confidence be raised against the current committe?

if you were all to vote with your feet, and leave, what could  / can  they do?

Mart

Everyone, 

I think Martin has asked very good questions here, I think that a very good number of members of the CPSA do object to the way it is being run for some time now. I think it is well past the time of having a vote of no confidence in the Board and the CEO.

We do need an organisation obviously to govern us, but frankly what has gone on for the last two years is not acceptable.

I am sure that if enough people did vote with their feet obviously the CPSA could not exist.

But frankly I do not want to bring the Association into insolvency .

What I do want is a well organised , well managed association, and I am sure that there are better people in the membership to do it than the current incumbents.

This current Board has avoided listening to the membership and  the regional committees and frankly has got the association into a real mess, never mind mentioning the utter waste of Association monies on tribunals and unjustified trips abroad.

Yes Nic is right its never been cheap I think the biggest problem for people now is cost of travel more than the shooting as cartridges are arguably cheaper (index linked) than they were 20 yrs ago.

Yes Nic is right its never been cheap I think the biggest problem for people now is cost of travel more than the shooting as cartridges are arguably cheaper (index linked) than they were 20 yrs ago.
Yes Ian, the cost of fuel is a killer and makes people want to shoot in their own area as opposed to travelling about all over the place. If I were to travel around like I used to, I would be spending far more on getting to a shoot than I would spend on round fees and shells!

Exactly Les me old mate, this is all tied up with my other post. the difference in time and cost for the scenario I stated is huge. An extra days work driving and nearly double the cost being the difference over a 3 week period :(

DTL here I come.

Exactly Les me old mate, this is all tied up with my other post. the difference in time and cost for the scenario I stated is huge. An extra days work driving and nearly double the cost being the difference over a 3 week period :(

DTL here I come.
Well if SC does close, I guess I am either going to have to shoot about 10 mins down the road at Axminster, they have DTL and a bit of ABT, BUT.....they only open one day in every two weeks!!!! So with this in mind I will have no option but to travel up to Cheddar (Brook Bank), that's about an hour or so on a good day, but at least it's open every week, you can practice on weekdays too....and they have OT!!!

Years since I shot at cheddar (as it was then) 1 hour is the ideal cut off for me anything more than that is becoming a chore not because of the expence just because of the driving.

Just spoke to mike at degla and he is starting a 100 reg ABT in October .... yippee :)

PS- not sure how often hopefully its every month from oct.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back