Chokes

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WezC

I am trying to find some chokes I saw on someones gun the other day..

They were extended ones, black with a gold band round them.

Anyone any idea ?

Not changing from my 1/4-1/4 setup, just feel like being a bit of a gun tart..

It matches my black/gold action :)

Wez.

I am trying to find some chokes I saw on someones gun the other day..

They were extended ones, black with a gold band round them.

Anyone any idea ?

Not changing from my 1/4-1/4 setup, just feel like being a bit of a gun tart..

It matches my black/gold action :)

Wez.
Possibly the most valid reason for choice of choke I've ever heard! (No smilie; I'm serious)

Wez, the gold band will denote the choke constriction, so they may not be what you want. They may be skeet or super full..

Have a look on the PSHQ Europe website Wez, they have a massive selection of chokes with pictures and details . I've ordered from them before and they are spot on for service.

Possibly the chokes you saw were standard Browning Ultra chokes????

So, 1/4 = Improved Cylinder ?

That has a Gold Band if it is the right type.

Wez

yep 1/4 is IC, can conform the Browning ultra chokes have a gold band for every size, you could go real snazzy and have some Muller U2's and colour in the white bits with a nice gold pen! :crazy:

Which all have a gold band as do the titanium chokes fitted to the Ultra XS Prestige and Ultra XTR Prestige.

Because....

King-Midas.jpg

MMmmm, makes you wonder how we went on with fixed chokes for 150 years.

Phil*
 Phil, some of us still get on just fine with fixed chokes, but I think I will have to get some stick on glittery choke ends or something, just to be in vogue sweetie! :wub:

I am sure multi chokes must be a great help for sporting but personally as a trap shooter and a tradisionalist I hate the darned things give me fixed 3/4 and full. As angelfire says how did we manage without for all those years ??

i shoot sporting and use a trap mk38, love it to bits see no point in putting anything else in to fiddle with. Just learn to shoot better . :)

I use 3/4 and Full to practice so I can get some feedback about where I'm hitting them, then open out to 3/8 & 3/8 for reg comp to boost confidence, I like fixed choke guns, but when I was looking for a new gun and the XS came up at right money I paid up! Multi or fixed wasn't the deciding factor for me, solid gun at the right money was, do like having the option to adjust now though

Latest posts

Back