Cheap v Expensive

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having buying shooting classes like there going out of fashion, I went for an eye test today the results were not good ( gutted ) how I have shot reasonably well over the past few years i will never know. Now i have a big decision to make contact lenses or prescription shooting glasses, at the moment contact lenses seem to be the best option then i can use all the glasses that i have. Its a big call for me as the new season is nearly upon us my distance sight is sh*t. My first eye test ever so I consider myself an idiot.
Have a go with daily disposable contact lenses and pay for half decent ones, I pay £35 for 30 pairs of Clarity from Cooper vision from vision express and they are very good lenses, think they are a silicone hydra gel. It takes a few times to get used to putting them in and out but the best thing to do is leave plenty of time to get them in before you need to go anywhere. First time on my own I fought them for an hour and got so frustrated but you soon learn what's the best way for yourself to get them in, 5 or 6 times down the line and you get a lot better. I've never regretted it, you then use any glasses you like, you have so much more choice. Plus if your eyesight changes again you have to buy a new insert or glasses which is very costly.

Have a go with daily disposable contact lenses and pay for half decent ones, I pay £35 for 30 pairs of Clarity from Cooper vision from vision express and they are very good lenses, think they are a silicone hydra gel. It takes a few times to get used to putting them in and out but the best thing to do is leave plenty of time to get them in before you need to go anywhere. First time on my own I fought them for an hour and got so frustrated but you soon learn what's the best way for yourself to get them in, 5 or 6 times down the line and you get a lot better. I've never regretted it, you then use any glasses you like, you have so much more choice. Plus if your eyesight changes again you have to buy a new insert or glasses which is very costly.

Thank you, Jonny that's the route I am going down.

Top tip is to make sure you wash your hands before you do anything with them, any grease or dirt on your fingers and they sting like an absolute pig!
Will do................I managed to shoot a straight yesterday so when I get my eyes done I could hopefully do better :huh:

When you missed the first three I thought "this is going to hurt"

My local club puts on a rabbit clay that starts high up on a bank with the sun behind it then rolls down the grass bank then it levels out with dark woodland behind goes past some straw bales before finishing up on a bare earth field. What would be the best shade for this target?
haha wow thats some combination . purple would be best for this id imagine 

I have now received some new  
eye_balls.gif
  and I can now see the targets lets see if I can hit them this weekend   !

Careful when walking with them on, its strange getting used to them, steps are a pain in the butt.

I was struggling on Sunday at Beverley when scoring and reffing, it was look through specs at target, then over them to see the card to mark it, getting to the stage need them on to eat my tea.......

Back