Cheap v Expensive

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
never liked deep purple especially smoke over the water. The only nearly decent album was "in rock" the only nearly decent track was "child in time"

give me captain beafheart any day ?
No.. Hush was their best. 

Regardless of cost..... How do you know what colour to use for what environment etc?
This is just a Rough Guide but it will give you an idea

Grey (also called Smoke)

Reduces all light equally (dulls light) and does not increase contrast. Best used in bright sun / bright light conditions and when shooting directly into the sun.

Amber and Brown
Good all round colours for virtually all light including variable conditions, they increase contrast and make the field of vision appear sharper.

Yellow
Greatly improves contrast and especially suited to poor light, low visibility, dark and cloudy conditions. A good colour when a black clay is against a sky background but not suitable in bright, sunny conditions.

Clear
For protecting eyes from clay impact, dust, dirt or abrasion. Good for shooting in woods.

Red, Rose and Orange
High contrast, high definition lens colours suitable for overcast conditions.  These colours filter out blue light which is the hazy end of the light spectrum - it means everything in the field of vision will appear “sharper”. They are popular shooting colours because they emphasise blaze (orange) and pink clays. The orange lens is best for orange clays against a sky background and the red or rose lens when the orange clay is against a dark background. Good colours for use at the end of the day when eyes are tired.

Purple  
Rapidly becoming the most popular shooting colour. A great all-round colour for most light conditions. Also called ‘the background neutraliser’ as it dulls or "kills" a green / brown background and enables the shooter to see a black clay better and especially an orange, white or pink clay against a dark background.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having buying shooting classes like there going out of fashion, I went for an eye test today the results were not good ( gutted ) how I have shot reasonably well over the past few years i will never know. Now i have a big decision to make contact lenses or prescription shooting glasses, at the moment contact lenses seem to be the best option then i can use all the glasses that i have. Its a big call for me as the new season is nearly upon us my distance sight is sh*t. My first eye test ever so I consider myself an idiot.

Having buying shooting classes like there going out of fashion, I went for an eye test today the results were not good ( gutted ) how I have shot reasonably well over the past few years i will never know. Now i have a big decision to make contact lenses or prescription shooting glasses, at the moment contact lenses seem to be the best option then i can use all the glasses that i have. Its a big call for me as the new season is nearly upon us my distance sight is sh*t. My first eye test ever so I consider myself an idiot.
Maybe not really an idiot, just blind to the situation, welcome to the club !

This is just a Rough Guide but it will give you an idea

Grey (also called Smoke)

Reduces all light equally (dulls light) and does not increase contrast. Best used in bright sun / bright light conditions and when shooting directly into the sun.

Amber and Brown
Good all round colours for virtually all light including variable conditions, they increase contrast and make the field of vision appear sharper.

Yellow
Greatly improves contrast and especially suited to poor light, low visibility, dark and cloudy conditions. A good colour when a black clay is against a sky background but not suitable in bright, sunny conditions.

Clear
For protecting eyes from clay impact, dust, dirt or abrasion. Good for shooting in woods.

Red, Rose and Orange
High contrast, high definition lens colours suitable for overcast conditions.  These colours filter out blue light which is the hazy end of the light spectrum - it means everything in the field of vision will appear “sharper”. They are popular shooting colours because they emphasise blaze (orange) and pink clays. The orange lens is best for orange clays against a sky background and the red or rose lens when the orange clay is against a dark background. Good colours for use at the end of the day when eyes are tired.

Purple  
Rapidly becoming the most popular shooting colour. A great all-round colour for most light conditions. Also called ‘the background neutraliser’ as it dulls or "kills" a green / brown background and enables the shooter to see a black clay better and especially an orange, white or pink clay against a dark background.
My local club puts on a rabbit clay that starts high up on a bank with the sun behind it then rolls down the grass bank then it levels out with dark woodland behind goes past some straw bales before finishing up on a bare earth field. What would be the best shade for this target?

My local club puts on a rabbit clay that starts high up on a bank with the sun behind it then rolls down the grass bank then it levels out with dark woodland behind goes past some straw bales before finishing up on a bare earth field. What would be the best shade for this target?
50 shades,I'm sure there's a rabbit in there somewhere.

specs.jpg

A sort of brindle colour, it seems to work for Lurchers anyway !

Wes can i borrow your new eyes i was planning on going to  [SIZE=large]Fauxdegla[/SIZE] tomorrow !

Wes can i borrow your new eyes i was planning on going to  [SIZE=large]Fauxdegla[/SIZE] tomorrow !
You dont need new eyes, just shut one and squint through the other, like youve just caught your todger in your zipper and you will be fine......

You dont need new eyes, just shut one and squint through the other, like youve just caught your todger in your zipper and you will be fine......
Mutley I need new eyes believe me .....................you came close to beating me once !  :lol:

Back