Cartridges ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well said!!!! You are right, when I used to shoot DTL back in the distant past I used Winchester Trap 200, not a terribly fast shell but the patterns/kills were excellent! In fact when I moved to ABT I carried on using them until there was a supply problem, then they stopped making the things in the end. At that point I moved to what used to be called RC2 Blue, they cost more than Trap 200 but did the job almost as well and supply was not an issue either. I'm back on RC for OT these days, RC Superniks in fact, the only shell I've seen that can match the breaks I used to get with Trap 200, but they cost a lot of money though. Second choice for me is Fiocchi Gold, they are nice but the kills are not quite as convincing as the Superniks, however I've only used then in my 3800 so far, I hope to try them in my DT11 next week with a bit of luck!!!
I also use RC Supernics for OT & UT. Really hard hitting, fantastic breaks with no recoil. Love them. Unfortunately I have been advised that nickel plated shot is banned by ISSF & FITASC from January 2014. Thinking of trying Mirage Clever Bol D'Or as supposed to be soft recoil with good pattern.

Thanks guys ..yes Beverley do Chedite at a good price so might give them a go...been using Hull Comp X but have been told they are probably too slow ?
This! This is my excuse for being rubbish at DTL. My cartridges are too slow.  :girlcrazy: Oi! Everyone I've ever shot DTL in front of, this is why I am bad at it. 

I also use RC Supernics for OT & UT. Really hard hitting, fantastic breaks with no recoil. Love them. Unfortunately I have been advised that nickel plated shot is banned by ISSF & FITASC from January 2014. Thinking of trying Mirage Clever Bol D'Or as supposed to be soft recoil with good pattern.
Hi Paddymac.

Issf yes banned for next year +.

No mention of it affecting FITASC disciplines though. There has been no edict from Fitasc Paris that i have seen..... (and I see everything :wink: )....where did you get that info from.

P.s. What is your real name ? I could not see it on your profile.

I also use RC Supernics for OT & UT. Really hard hitting, fantastic breaks with no recoil. Love them. Unfortunately I have been advised that nickel plated shot is banned by ISSF & FITASC from January 2014. Thinking of trying Mirage Clever Bol D'Or as supposed to be soft recoil with good pattern.
Bol D'Or's are exellent, as are Pro Extra, Pro Extra Black Eagle (special treated harder and denser lead) Grand Italia and the rest of the Clever Mirage line...

Hi Paddymac.

Issf yes banned for next year +.

No mention of it affecting FITASC disciplines though. There has been no edict from Fitasc Paris that i have seen..... (and I see everything :wink: )....where did you get that info from.

P.s. What is your real name ? I could not see it on your profile.
A shooter at a local club advised of pending ban. Mainly shoot OT so will definitely need to find a suitable replacement cartridge. A nice winter project. Will also be trying Fiocchhi Golden Trap. Patrick Magee,

Well Paddy...I think you will like them....good luck with the testing. Where do you normally shoot UT?

Bol D'Or's are exellent, as are Pro Extra, Pro Extra Black Eagle (special treated harder and denser lead) Grand Italia and the rest of the Clever Mirage line...
Thanks for the advice. Bol D'Or in bottom barrel & Black Eagle in top barrel sounds like a winning combination.

I'm sure someone told me that the ban on plated shot for next year at OT had been put on hold. I think it may have been someone on here, maybe Fred (40 up).

Thanks Les ! it shoots lovely as well
Congratulations Supercharged!  Sounds like you've found the gun that suits YOU.  That's all that matters really. I just hope you find the cartridge that you are after soon too, and stick with that combination. Best of luck! Keep us informed on progress. :prankster:

Good to see your old picture back too. I hardly recognised you when you looked like yourself?

Thanks TD....I love the Chedite carts......I think ive found the right combo , fingers crossed

Why thank you Jaykaysea !!...your my No 1 xx

Last edited:
Hey Les, I was using a mix of RedShot and Oro last weekend both 24gm. The Oro are firmer in the shoulder than RedShot make of that what you will. I came in contact with the Olympic skeet shooters who seem to have an obsession with choke. They swear their patterns get tighter as a single round progresses and one walks the ground rodding his barrels another has a chamber brush on a rechargeable drill and keeps giving it a whirr. Come to think of it I've seen sporting shooters keep winding their finger round in the barrel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Les, I was using a mix of RedShot and Oro last weekend both 24gm. The Oro are firmer in the shoulder than RedShot make of that what you will. I came in contact with the Olympic skeet shooters who seem to have an obsession with choke. They swear their patterns get tighter as a single round progresses and one walks the ground rodding his barrels another has a chamber brush on a rechargeable drill and keeps giving it a whirr. Come to think of it I've seen sporting shooters keep winding their finger round in the barrel.
Excuse my ignorance but what cartridge is Oro?

Cheddite Trap D'oro - nice shell actually... have used in 24g and 28g... 

Latest posts

Back