Cartridges for OT

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fuzzy some things will never change/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cry.gif

I have been down graded to just 'member'!!!!!! Do I have to sit on the naughty step??? /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif

back to the original discussion - In my opinion I do not see how letting lower class shots shoot 28gram is going to increase more persons coming into that discipline? The kill type is much changed??? WTF??? Pleeeeease! .!!!/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif To tell me they are seriously going to have a big advantage by shooting 28gram is complete and utter rubbish.More recoil, more money in a poor economic situation...mmmmmm don't think so!  If it works and the marketing draws new people in then fantastic - Would like to see the figures at the end of the year though compared with 2011! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gifproof will be in the Facts! Look forward to seeing those published in January 2013! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

I know you've been shooting a long time Glen but you do chop about between disciplines. If you spend all your time shooting nothing but receding targets from 16 yards I can show you the kill difference between a 6.5 shot and a 7 same weight, the difference between a nickel and a led, never mind 24/28gm. A Golden Trap and a Red Shot have enough difference to choose between them. People fret about the effect of a half choke versus three quarter. Your chosen trap persuasion is Helice I believe and I'm sure you'd rather shoot off with a 28 than a 24 given the choice. Oh, how did you distinguish all those steel cartridges - weren't they all the same?

I agree that it won't attract more people for the reasons I've explained, only muddy the waters but I don't accept your claim that a 28gm has no advantage in trap, kills to count.

We could have a showdown Glen: Olympic Trap, ground of your choice, You use 28gm, I'll use 24 and if you win we'll know 28gm are better.

If I had my way it would be 24gram for everything end of. There is not a target out there that can't be hit consistently with a 24gram 7.5 I have shot every size and type of shell you could think of game and clay. I am not saying that if I had the option I wouldn't shoot a bigger load the more pellets the better in my book! All I am saying is if I had to shoot 24gram at helice, sporting, trap etc it wouldn't bother me, as I have seen people shoot great scores with them and if everybody is in the same boat then I am ok with that. Like you say changing the load on OT to gain more enteries probably will not make a blind bit of difference. Glen.

40UP said:

We could have a showdown Glen: Olympic Trap, ground of your choice, You use 28gm, I'll use 24 and if you win we'll know 28gm are better.
No problem I don't mind shooting 24gram and you can shoot the 28gram! Dont know when I will be back next but I am up for that! :)

Oh I think I am B Class too so I would have to use 24gram!!!/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif God knows the last time I shot OT!!! .!!! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif

Would be a good otters should organise a Shoot Clay Show down Matt maybe to go to Charity everyone put a tenner in the pot for charity purposes towards Nicola's good cause!!! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

I'll come down to A1 if you like haven't been for ages, could ask Nicola as well. If it's a tie we could settle it with an ankle-kicking contest, I'll go first...

I know who 40UP is and he should kick my butt good and proper??? GB Team Member UT? Shoots bloody good scores at OT! He is no mug!!! .!!! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

I would be there tomorrow 40UP but as you know it is a bit difficult being out in Germany! One time this year when I am back would love to catch up with a few of you guys have a laugh and try my best! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-embarassed.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-embarassed.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-embarassed.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-embarassed.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-embarassed.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-embarassed.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-embarassed.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-embarassed.gif

I can bring Dad along if I must!!! Can we use 36gram!! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

I nominate Nicola as my second, OT and ZZ at A1 on a wednesday, as case of my preferred cartridges to the fund.

Guess who bought the last 1000 ZZ Supremes from Marcus when the rules changed?

Can I come then if we're using 36 g ;-))I'll bring me old mate Adam Gutteridge with me. He could use the practice.

Back