Cartridges for OT

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No cheating. A cruciform is 2 pieces of card the size of the shot column notched to halfway and then slotted together to make a cross. Inserted in the cartridge case before the pellets which go in each quadrant it compresses in the choke and has a slight spring back causing expansion beyond skeet choke. Officially made by Rottweil now using plastic.In the days of 36gm it was known that some specials were made with an ounce of perfect shot and a quarter of mis-shapes to give a "fringe" at close range.I've already referred to stratified charges – 7s over 8s over 9s giving an immense shot string for face-on targets. Has the unfotunate effect of obliterating the pieces.Cubic and disco are made officially for short range shooting in woodland.So you see a referee's job is more than scoring the targets.Sporting shooters are probably perplexed by the presence of 32gm cases in the empties bin at shoots. Watch for the brands that load different weights in the same case. Avoid them.In any sport there has to be vigilance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha ha the sporters won't like that (32gm in the bins..... Ha ha)

You laugh and Ed will back me up we saw some in the bin at the EJ Churchill challenge! Don't think they were 32grammers but the wrong shot size stated to be used on the ground!!! I think it was Ed who looked at them in the Bin??? Or was it with you??? Can't remember! Happens all the time!/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Could well be from the odd and sods the game shooters end up with??!

Yes I reckon so but still they are not suppose to use them either./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gifStill shows how these things are not controlled. Think yourselves lucky you aren't a sporting shooter out here! You have to have a seperate license just to buy cartridges as well! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif

32g 6s.... Always see stuff like that when game shooters know about. Last time I was coaching up at Sporting Targets I saw some bismuth on the floor near the high drive! Have found 42/50gs before at various places... Can only ever remember one man getting caught doing it. I suppose if its practice and the ground has no limits then its at the shooters discression??

Most grounds state 28 gram 7 as the limit though! I know churchills had a sign up and many other do too!I guess if you can't read that does not help though! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Saw someone using 36 grm shells at a reg shoot couple of weeks ago and heard rumours of certain people doing itprobably goes on more than we think

Just rub the writing off!!! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

GlenPresley said:

Just rub the writing off!!! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif
  Paper case shells are good for that /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

GlenPresley said:

Would they make that much difference (apart from to the shoulder) when you look at the kills you get with 28 grm and a bit of choke

GlenPresley said:

Just rub the writing off!!! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif   There's a warning sign at Weston Wood where they've seen spent shells with all markings rubbed off.

Last edited by a moderator:
MMmmmmmm dodgy ba**ta*ds! !!! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Homeloading has died out now but that's why it's in the rules. No reloads. American brands are suspect because of their commom use of 32gm.

Back to cartridges for OT. AGM last night - it seems likely as well as going to 200 not 125 for this years selection shoots the old proposal to allow 28gm for C and D class seems likely - to increase participation [as in Italy].How classification would work after that I don't know. C overtake B class shooters who move down to C?

What is the point of that! Like 28gram is going to make much difference if any! So lower class shooters acan shoot 28gram? Why what is the benefit? I can not see how that will increase participation??? Sounds silly to me unless I have missed something? 24gram are cheaper anyway! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Would have thought New shooters would have been less put off shooting smaller loads. Why give them loads more recoil for very little performance benefit?Mrs fuz shoots 21 gram for everything except game and says she feels better for it and less tired, no discernable difference in breaks either.

Can't understand why C or D should be allowed 28grm. Completely pointless if you ask me. OT is 24grm - end of!

Thought it was just me!!! or maybe 40UP is winding us up???? I would bet lots of money that there is no benefit whatsoever for a low class shot to be shooting 28gram at OT over the higher classes shooting 24gram. Most 28gram cost more anyway and have more recoil so like the other guys what would be the point and what is the thinking behind it? If it is to boost enteries then i would suggest try lowering the price a little but you can not do it just for lower classes how is that fair??? /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-embarassed.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-embarassed.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-embarassed.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-embarassed.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-embarassed.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-embarassed.gif

Back