Cartridges for OT

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
28g MIGHT allow the lower classes to use less choke and have a bigger pattern which is just as dense. But this would be an inches gain rather than the feet us mere mortals miss by.Rather confusing says I

Not reduced cost of entry Glen - increased to cover 200 target not 125. Seemingly more people will enter. Don't ask me which 5 of the 8 rounds will count for selection. Maybe 100 saturday, 25 sunday, another 75 for prizes, then flash final

40UP, to which AGM do you refer? I know we're wandering off topic a bit, but what the hell.

County agm but with feedback from regional reps. OT discipline reps are a rare breed now. Back to 24gm v 28. As discussed before, a regular user of 24gm on OT gets a much changed kill type if testing a 28gm in OT practice [as for ABT,UT]. One whiff of a side bet and it's all change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boys boys...........do you never read Cpsa minutes on the website????? It is a mind of information!!28grms has been passed for use in OT by C and D class shooters providing it is 'not' a selection shoot :)The Italians have been training their new shooters for ages on 28grms.

Wasnt really a question of how and who, rather more Why?  What is the logic behind the decision ?

The reasoning might be that more people are likely to have 28g loads which they use for their regular discipline and would otherwise be put off having to buy 100 x 24g shells separately?!

Following an initiative from Italy, KJN had been asked by BICTSF that C and D class shooters 

in OT should have the option to use 28g cartridges in registered events if they so wished. 

RK confirmed he had heard this request had been in the offing and had taken the opportunity 

of seeking members’ views. This had confirmed that a lot of people want to try the Olympic 

disciplines, but are wary because of having to use 24g. TRB could see no problems from the 

shoot organisation point of view, and confirmed that 24g would have to be used in selection 

shoots by aspiring shooters for their scores to be used for selection purposes. JO, current 

England OT Team Manager, stated that the majority of countries present at the Home 

International were in favour of the change if it encouraged more people to try OT. KJN said 

rules for Double Trap would change after the Olympics, and the Olympic Skeet people were 

happy to remain as they are. TRB therefore suggested that the request was given the go 

ahead for at least a minimum of 12 months. It was proposed by KJN that C and D classes be given the option to use 28g cartridges, seconded by WAH with all in favour

Could I point out that people wishing to try out OT are not actually in C or D class till 6 months later.

Perhaps target-only entries would be a better choice.

But then they would be able to win championships.

Inter-county teams would contain a mixture of 28/24gm users. ho-hum.

Matt, how did appended TOP GUN to my profile?

I think - number of posts makes you topgun - I dunno, something that will change when we move to the new platform.

Where's mine, I got nearly 400 posts and I'm still crapshot :-D

I think it will make no difference to entries show me the entries from 2010 and compare them to 2011 and tell me if it isn't so at the end of the year!!! The main reason for lack of entries no matter what discipline is the cost! Until cost comes down I see no big effect on that. Anyway 24gram is cheaper than 28gram is it not??? Most cartridge brands are now cheaper in 24gram??? Glen.

Elvis and Jon are top gun as well. I can find 6 more - all have 50-100 posts.

Back