Cartridge Recommendation

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fiocchi Fblack 24g are very gentle, and I would go as far as saying they are as gentle as hull comp 21x.

I gave my last box to my bro-in-law, and he shot them after he finished a lesson. He thought they were lighter than the 21g that they used in his lessons. (Lyalvale 21gs?)

£201 per K. 

I have an unopened slab of 28g fibre Comp X left over if somebody wants to take them off my hands - £40

Alternative is they sit on my table until they decompose.. .

I suspect because they don't go off with a bloody great bang and crash and they don't knock you about like some of the other rubbish being recommended on here

shells are like chokes        people tell me  1/4  1/2   will kill any esp target   and like wise  these shells are brilliant  !!!!     when I ask   " is this your set up "    usual answer     " err no   bla bla bla "    :wink:

The truth is that any £180 - £200 a thousand mid range cartridge will do the job for you .  The place I buy my cartridges stocks Eley and Expess . It’s so convenient to buy from there as I can pull my car up 3 feet from the magazine door.  For that reason alone I’ve not tried much else for 20 years. Most of this year I’ve been using Olympic Blues, 28gm 7.5 . Reliable , clean burning , break anything I’m likely to encounter. 

As you may gather from the mere fact there are so many different opinions on this - it really doesn't matter. I'd say what matters more is sticking with one.

I would say to get used to the gun etc the best bet to start with is something without excessive recoil,saw a young girl shooting a field type gun(light) trying for the first time, gun was kicking and jumping terrible,speaking to her dad they were using black gold...she bruised her cheek really bad, so not a good introduction for her thats for sure.

Back