Hi everyone!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joff Duck

Hi everyone, I'm new here, so apologies in advance for my questions, most of which will probably be quite basic....

I shot a little when I was a teenager, but couldn't afford the cartridges - or anything else - so I stopped almost as soon as I started. I now live near a clay club and decided I wanted to get back into it. Our county FEO has confirmed my application, but my licence is still in the post. In the meantime, I want to learn as much as I can about all things shotgun. 

In terms of guns, I have a few ideas, based mostly on what I've seen at the club, or on YouTube. I fancy either a Browning XS Pro, Browning Pro Sport or Beretta 694. Does this sound sensible? (What I don't really want to do is buy one gun, improve - hopefully - and then upgrade. I'd rather avoid the first stage and save money...) Also, these three are fully adjustable, so if my stance or hold changes, I hope it'll mean I can just alter the gun, rather than replace it. 

Any advice from those of you have shot one or other of these guns - or any other advice for that matter - would be very gratefully received. Thank you. J

Hi everyone, I'm new here, so apologies in advance for my questions, most of which will probably be quite basic....

I shot a little when I was a teenager, but couldn't afford the cartridges - or anything else - so I stopped almost as soon as I started. I now live near a clay club and decided I wanted to get back into it. Our county FEO has confirmed my application, but my licence is still in the post. In the meantime, I want to learn as much as I can about all things shotgun. 

In terms of guns, I have a few ideas, based mostly on what I've seen at the club, or on YouTube. I fancy either a Browning XS Pro, Browning Pro Sport or Beretta 694. Does this sound sensible? (What I don't really want to do is buy one gun, improve - hopefully - and then upgrade. I'd rather avoid the first stage and save money...) Also, these three are fully adjustable, so if my stance or hold changes, I hope it'll mean I can just alter the gun, rather than replace it. 

Any advice from those of you have shot one or other of these guns - or any other advice for that matter - would be very gratefully received. Thank you. J
The preference will always be personal so purchase from where you can try. I have  been around the block, shot almost everything and I’m currently shooting a 694 which I think is an amazing gun for the money..

Thanks Will, much appreciated. The Beretta certainly looks a lovely gun - and I'll definitely try it out. 

Latest posts

Back