Browning XS Pro Sporter

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My partner bought the XS Pro for DTL as she tried many guns and this fit her the best and kicked her the least. The guy that coaches us tried it and loved it so much he got one as well with the £200 cashback deal.

The Browning 525 ultra xs pro I think is a nicer gun to shoot. Only gripe I hate the sharp edges and sticky top lever on them, they are hard to get the lever to move and thumb gets sore after a while.

I am using mine for (Olympic) skeet. For 3 years already. Tried a Mk38 sporter, 725 sporter and 725 pro sport before buying the 525 ultra xs pro. I have small hands, I like how the grip is slim and the stock is thinner than on the pro sport. Mine is a 30” and came perfectly balanced at the hinge pin out of the box. The supplied chokes make no sense for the most part. Other than that there are not really any downsides to the gun for me. I have used it for some trap as well. It may be even better suited for that than for skeet. The toplever on mine goes very easy. All it needs is a drop of sowing machine oil after it has been out in the rain. The checkering certainly is a bit sharp.
I have recently bought a Perazzi, it is better suited for Olympic skeet for me than the XS pro.

Last edited:
I would urge you to try the gun, if you haven't already. Only thing I would add is that 2 of the guys I shoot with, also bought XS Pro's. Neither of them still have them. One has a 694, the other an F3.

Yeah, most guns feel great pointing them at the clock on the gun room wall..
This is the issue I'm finding unfortunately.. Lots of guns listed on Guntrader, but few of them are at shops based at shooting grounds, so it's a bit tricky to test drive before putting down a few grand on something you might not actually get on with after putting some cartridges through it..

If you struggling then try other peoples and try to break the criteria down. Gun weight, balance, stock profile. Then note down some standard measurements - stock length, barrel length, palm swell. After a while you will work out the guns you need to try face to face and make a journey worthwhile.

If you struggling then try other peoples and try to break the criteria down. Gun weight, balance, stock profile. Then note down some standard measurements - stock length, barrel length, palm swell. After a while you will work out the guns you need to try face to face and make a journey worthwhile.
Good advice bud, thank you! I suppose if I compare the changes to my current gun in each case and see what I prefer, I can start to narrow it down to the perfect gun :)

Latest posts

Back