Cartridge price increases now getting silly

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eley were getting some cartridges made in France and they were blooming awful. I witnessed an expensive English gun exploding by the forend and it was suspected a stuck wad had caused the damage. The user lost a couple of fingers in the incident. I too got some Gyttorp cartridges and a lot of Sellier and Bellot paper cased cartridges from Edgar Bros. who were in Liverpool at that time. We were still using 1 1/8th ozs loads in old money, or 32 gram in today's money . !

I’m buying Fiocchis from my local ish club at £255 a thou I find them punchy but they break clays and burn clean so what can you do 😆 a strange thing I have noticed is tho over the last couple of months a slab of cartridges weight has gone up by 1kg ?? I don’t go weighing them by the way just happened to notice the weight on the box has gone up when I was re stacking them

I’m buying Fiocchis from my local ish club at £255 a thou I find them punchy but they break clays and burn clean so what can you do 😆 a strange thing I have noticed is tho over the last couple of months a slab of cartridges weight has gone up by 1kg ?? I don’t go weighing them by the way just happened to notice the weight on the box has gone up when I was re stacking them
Never thought of Fiocchis as punchy. Extra 1Kg? 24gms to 28gms?

It does make you wonder how much longer people will put up with it there has got to be a ceiling. We have a local straw bail type shoot and if it wasn’t for the fact that we pay £10 for 50 clays shooting for me and my partner wouldn’t be happening every Sunday due to the price in cartridges

Nope both 26g fibre just new style of packaging and an extra kilo of something
I wouldn’t put too much faith into the slab label , they’ll be printed onsite at end of line with the batch info and someone has probably just tabbed to a standard weight on the PC programme . Increasing a slab by a physical 1kg would increase shipping costs by 9 or 10% .

Never thought of Fiocchis as punchy. Extra 1Kg? 24gms to 28gms?
I only shoot Fiocchi, cheapest available are £272 at the moment

Went to Coley's open day and they had some deals on carts, got some fibre Fiocchi LiteSpeed at £61.36 a slab with members discount
That was the only cheap thing there mind you, and we weren't impressed by the amount of breakages on the traps and poor targets, pity as they have spent a lot improving the ground and it's all looking very nice there now

Went to Coley's open day and they had some deals on carts, got some fibre Fiocchi LiteSpeed at £61.36 a slab with members discount
That was the only cheap thing there mind you, and we weren't impressed by the amount of breakages on the traps and poor targets, pity as they have spent a lot improving the ground and it's all looking very nice there now
Good prices that compared to around my way 👍🏼 there’s not much worse than a no bird to put you off your stride or even worse getting questioned by the person your paying cos you have had more than 2 on a stand

I personally think Coleys is soft these days. I came away from there earlier in the year shooting ove my average and left disappointed. Targets all at the end of the barrel nothing needing any decent lead

I personally think Coleys is soft these days. I came away from there earlier in the year shooting ove my average and left disappointed. Targets all at the end of the barrel nothing needing any decent lead
They did one very soft shoot, too easy. Maybe you did that one? They have cured it since.

Yes there was a reg that saw lots of big big numbers, got openly slated by quite a few, will admit fair few of the shoots over the years have been more than a bit “tasty” which believe me caused even more angst. Wouldn’t be a course setter me, too tough a crowd to work with us clay crunchers.

Unlike Petrol, heating oil and some groceries, shells and clays will never go down in price. I'm finished when my current meger supply of shells run out and I won't be back!

Just checked the price of the Eley Zenith Ecowad Pro 36g #3 high bird cart - a rather scary £639 per k priced in June when nobody is buying - by the time we are approaching the game season well it’s going to be 70-75p a bang

Just checked the price of the Eley Zenith Ecowad Pro 36g #3 high bird cart - a rather scary £639 per k priced in June when nobody is buying - by the time we are approaching the game season well it’s going to be 70-75p a bang
Would imagine the chaps paying the astronomical prices being bandied around per bird those £600+/1000 cartridges will seem a bargain, us clay crunchers however

Mid year and ‘ Guns on Pegs ‘ are still advertising available syndicate places . There are also bought days still free , a couple of years back that would have been a different story . A shoot we’ve been buying days on for the last 5 years sold out in January this year , then contacted all its regular guns recently after receiving cancellations I’m wondering if there’ll be another flurry of cancellations when the balances due are required in a months time. I think the cartridge price is the least of game shooting’s worries.

The way things are going, we won't be shooting lead much longer.

Back