Cartridge opinion

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beechin

Looking at buying some more cartridge as Iv ran out dont want to spend the earth on them as I have only been shooting since New Years. Out of the list below which cartridges would you guys prefer to use. Sorry if this has been done a million times before I have searched but can't seem to find anything.

The short list all in plastic wad :

Gamebore velocities 28g

Gamebore evo 24g

Hull comp x 28g

Hull superfast 27g

Eley Olympic blues 28g

Fiocchi top one 28g

P.s I have been shooting gamebore velocities for the last month or so. Should I stick with them.

Gamebore Velocities would be my favourite from that list, regardless of price. Although the EVO 24g are good and very soft to shoot if that is a factor for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are all good IMO, except the Eley's that is. If you're happy with the Velocities then stick with them. Of the others, I have tried the Fiocchi's, Hull Superfasts and the Evo's. Of those I'd favour the Evo's. 

I would get the Fiocchi, but be prepared to spend time taking care of them, keeping them cuddled up and warm. Oh, and I would get some more gun cleaning products as you WILL need them ! 

I would get the Fiocchi, but be prepared to spend time taking care of them, keeping them cuddled up and warm. Oh, and I would get some more gun cleaning products as you WILL need them !
Do I detect a hint of sarcasm there Wesley.

Evo 28g fibre are good, also like Eley Olympic Blues fibre, but are inclined to cause leading. These are the two I've whittled it down to, but lean towards Eley. Depends what works best in your particular shotgun, and the ones you have the most confidence in.

Wouldn't put an Eley in my loo unless I get sponsored by domestos! Way too dirty apart from that the rest are much of a muchness!

I started on the Velocities good shell for the money then went to the evo's also liked them bit punchy but still good kills not much crap in the barrels I now shoot the Blue Diamonds in my opinion a good shell clean, great kills and gives me that little bit of confidence!

I started on the Velocities good shell for the money then went to the evo's also liked them bit punchy but still good kills not much crap in the barrels I now shoot the Blue Diamonds in my opinion a good shell clean, great kills and gives me that little bit of confidence!
Had a few people on Facebook say about the blue diamonds now but there £210 per thou at my local so don't really wanna be spending that much at this stage of my shooting.

Had a few people on Facebook say about the blue diamonds now but there £210 per thou at my local so don't really wanna be spending that much at this stage of my shooting.
what sort of % are you at?

Around the 62% mark with the highest hit 67% only been shooting since January had my own gun since mid February.

I'm not to far off then. Think ill do the rest of this year on cheaper ones then make the switch when I have a bit more experience behind me.

I would stick with Superfasts, after 100 birder, 1 sweep through with bronze brush, 1 sweep through with Napier patch, barrel is spotless. No need for all kinds of solvents. In fact I have not needed solvents since I got rid of the Fiocchi's but I suppose I did not cuddle them enough. Before anyone asks I am shooting 75% + and those that I miss have damn all to do with the cartridge, more with age.

Oh, I am shooting a Beretta auto, which is functioning perfectly using the Hull.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back