Cartridge choice

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
North Ayrshire Shooting do all Clever cartridges They charge £27 per thou del unfortunately.. you could try the 24g load as well as the 28g very slightly faster but still a soft cartridge to shoot. Norgas cartridges do them as well a guy on here called Webber heads them up they were delivering free within a defined radius try pmailing him.

Last edited by a moderator:
:fie:  The funny thing when arguing about 24/28 gramme loads is when O Trench was 36 grammes the scores were lower than today, fatigue? I would say so.

Fitasc sporting 28 grammes was 36 grammes scores better fatigue? probably as quite a few shooters shot chips.

I shot Clever 24 grammes at Fitasc due to a flinch for 3-5 years and then changed to Hull 28g Comp X softer than 24g

Clevers 90% cured. :hunter:  
Thanks for the post

Gets a bit heated doesn't it! Ha'ha

Do not know enough about cartridges but my own experience tells me its not black and white, cannot help but feel it's more where you put the shot

Who stocks clevers and which ones would you use

Dave

Wesley Hann at Brook Bank Cheddar Somerset is my local guy for Clevers and Hull, 24 Clevers will kill long fitasc targets no problem then so will Hull CompnX 28g

I'm a Clever fan, but when I tried the 24g T3 I found them a bit punchy for a 24g. If low recoil is top of your list, Express High Velocity (as I said earlier).

Stop stalking me :D :.: , define the difference between a Trap or a Fitasc target that you can't find on an ESP round ? Yet another puerile jab !

Nothing I have said is mine in particular or designed for my self importance, it's all there in the open if you care to look and ask the relevant questions instead of blindly accepting everything you read and hear. ;)
You wouldn't know, you don't shoot either and the grounds you frequent wouldn't know what a long edge on bird was if it hit them in the face!!! You are what I'd class as an 'ego' AAA...shoot soft shoots to stay there...:D

For what it is worth as a novice shooter my cartridge choice comes down to availability and recoil. I have settled with Clever T2 28g at the moment because the shoot very softly and I see no difference in my score vs other cartridges that are a bit more thumpy albeit cheaper! I would try the 24g version but won't because I cannot for some reason get these free del. I have a batch of pricey Clevers T3 and T4's coming because after the budget vs premium debate I have to de bug that one and I might try the T4 24g because I an get those free del
Thanks for post who would stock them ?

You wouldn't know, you don't shoot either and the grounds you frequent wouldn't know what a long edge on bird was if it hit them in the face!!! You are what I'd class as an 'ego' AAA...shoot soft shoots to stay there... :D
I'm too polite to expand on what I class you as.  :lol:   ;)

Really though, no more than what we have come to expect from you James, you have contributed nothing in technical offering, just couldn't resist jumping in and having a go. Everything I have said is readily backed up by existing hard data, all provable. 

You still haven't answered what part of a Trap or Fitasc target differs from what I shoot ? Oh and we only get one shot at it.  :nyam:

When the targets are as soft as the ones you shoot...you should only need one shot at them!!! @fake AAA ;)

You wouldn't know, you don't shoot either and the grounds you frequent wouldn't know what a long edge on bird was if it hit them in the face!!! You are what I'd class as an 'ego' AAA...shoot soft shoots to stay there... :D
James you really next time you are down here shoot Southdown. It is not soft. GD mid 80's the other week.

I don't see how you can comment on who shoots what and if it's soft or not without having shot the grounds yourself.

I remain convinced that for trap (at least) 24g pattern better and generally shoot better than 28 and way better than the 32g we used to shoot. It could be a lot to do with general comfort and lack of muzzle flip but whatever it is they seem better to me.
Sorry ips but how would lack of muzzle flip create better pattern bit of a contradiction

24g might be enough to get the job done but to state they pattern better that a 28g is ridiculous

Thanks for the posts again

I like fitasc /compaK,s I have no probs with recycle

Evo's I use an a400 Beretta its not light but lighter than my k-80

Speed I feel is not terribly important what do you think?
Mrs jasper (billbadger) has a new a400xcel had about 500 shells thru it now. All gamebore evos 24grm 7.5. NO fail to fire or misfeeds at all. Smooth as you like. Shoots esp mainly. See A400 excel topic in guns section.

Jasper.

James you really next time you are down here shoot Southdown. It is not soft. GD mid 80's the other week.

I don't see how you can comment on who shoots what and if it's soft or not without having shot the grounds yourself.
His last 4 shoots at Greenfields where he was generally head and shoulders above the rest he scored 96,93,94 and 95 - worlds greatest ever shooter having just won back to back Compak and Fitasc championships in South Africa with scores that were markedly higher !  ;)   Easy when you know how, rather than just roll out the insults.

Still, what brave gob doesn't understand is that concentrating on bagging the easy ones is what drags you out of the 60's.  :lol:   :lol:

Latest posts

Back