Bywel DTL weekend

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's at Bywell - it will rain at some time over the 3 days ☔☔

A very very not happy ips with brand spanking new eell SAM_0347.JPG

I really didn't sign up for this....SAM_0343.JPG

PS

This was the first time in 30yrs of competitive trap that I had ever had to wear wellies to shoot in. On some stands you were in 4" of water. Not the grounds fault as it was torrential. Further embarrassment ensued when the motorhome (now sunk in mud past its rims)  had to be unceremoniously towed off by a land rover kindly sent to our rescue by Mr Hendry. two day old EELL now had ruined stock as mr Beretta decided that a 12.5K gun did not need to have any oil applied. Mr gmk in trade stand took the brunt of my unhappiness.

Last year we drove home with our sodden muddy trousers rolled up to our knees & no shoes or socks on. I have boots, gaiters, leggings & long socks already in the car for this year !! 

Maybe a drysuit :wink:

predatorgear_hdr.jpg

http://www.mossyoak.com/our-obsession/blogs/press-releases/2014/11/12/predator-gear-drysuit--for-the-committed-waterfowler

Last edited by a moderator:
peg 4 & 5 on A layout by the look of it.

Ips that looks quite normal to me for winter sporting shoots :)   I have often been tempted to find one of those all in one rain suits children have.

sian

I am sure you would look truly wonderful in one, pink though ye ?

And in case of  losing you can vanish easy because of the camo. Under the dry suit  you can wear a little black dress or dinner jacket in case of winning  (see True Lies).

make yer ruddy mind up man.

I reckon it will be ok as long as I wear me new dog walking wellies or as my gunshop called them on selling them to me yesterday "neoprene water proof footwear" and my full waterproofs me hat and of course NOT use the eell

this is propper shooting oop north style just like old days before southern OT poofters made hard as nails northeners expect nay demand covered layouts even for English trap which is DTL.

Covered layouts are for pussies....bring it on.

Ha! a lovely 26 degrees and wall to wall sunshine here :)  although warm rain is forecast at some point :(

hope it stays dry for all at Bywell.

DT

image.jpg

I don't know very well the british sport scene. Is this one of these competitions like Maldon Mud Race, Tough Guy or the Tough Mudder? :wink:

Back