Bywel DTL weekend

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There great guns mate BUT very low in the comb for a trap gun. imo

Sian

Interesting how much per K and are they nice and clean ?

I find them nice and clean although I don't clean my barrels - Tony does that.  I also cannot remember the price I pay because I don't pay attention being a rich Southerner but I would say neither cheap nor expensive and even a Northerner would not find it too expensive given they are all so poor and stingy.  JOKE EVERYBODY between Ips and myself no need to get knickers twisted or anything.

Typical southern reaction, you lot darn sarf have no idea of the value of money.

AND you don't clean your own barrels .... you have a man servant for that :)

Thanks

I will try a slab.

EDIT

175 ish so too much for a northern pauper such as myself :)

Last edited by a moderator:
PS

why you not shooting Bywell weekend Sian, thought you liked this DTL malarkey ?

I have yet to venture into the competitive DTL world as only do it for fun.  My old guys that I shoot with keep trying to encourage me to do it but its time really as so many shoots for ESP or Fitasc booked up months in advance.  

You would enjoy it Sian and the kriegof thing at mid wales. I don't think ANY shoots in UK compare to these two big DTL shoots as far as quality of comp and general atmosphere. In the 80s early 90s there were many trade stands and stuff during the Bywel weekend and much better sponsorship from the likes of Subaru which made it even better but allas those days are gone it would seem.

Ian, why don't you use that new 682x for dtl ? Its a brilliant dtl gun!

its gone mate. Early love afair short lived

it needed to much work on the stock to get a fit plus triggers were dreadfull after dt10. Had an offer I couldn't refuse so off it went.

So, on the Fickle Scale that is about a 9.5/10   and after the near shameless way you rabbited on about it too

Is that why you haven't mentioned the quick flip already?

Last edited by a moderator:
yes Charlie correct in every aspect.

rose tinted specs and nostalgia were to blame.

to low in comb to straight in grip and trigger pulls after dt were shocking yes I could have had work done but could not bring myself to chop it up.

its gone mate. Early love afair short lived

it needed to much work on the stock to get a fit plus triggers were dreadfull after dt10. Had an offer I couldn't refuse so off it went.
​Oh well that's life mate! DT10 is a hard act to follow!!!!

got 500 superfast as concluded f black way to tight for dtl distances prob wont get to shoot them in practice before weekend SO can I bank this as an excuse for pitiful score.

many thanks

Stick with what you know- you already know it's the best way   ;)

I shoot everything with 24g Trap Oro's now - even pigeons !! 

its not the fact that there 24 its just that the pattern is so tight at dtl distance there will be no room for error. Shot a box of superfast a few months ago and was very impressed. Now need to decide which gun to take as weather report not good and I don't fancy getting the eell wet. :)

les

fancy a change and bywel weekend is a great shoot. You should come mate you would not look out of place as they all use them Germanic things :)
​Getting him out the house is one thing, getting him out the County is another. Good luck with that .. :afro:

bone idle southern soft arse that's the problem mate

panic over weather report now dry weather so no repeat of 2012.

Back