Broken clay hits full target

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evoracer

today a piece of broken clay smashed the 2nd target in the pair 

what should be called?

TIA 

ER

Pair dead.
​Thank you my thought exactly. 

not my targets but at a registered ESP I would have hoped the trapper would know better.

nope "pair again" the gentleman shooting misses the first hits the second.

"Miss, Kill"

​Thank you my thought exactly. 

not my targets but at a registered ESP I would have hoped the trapper would know better.

nope "pair again" the gentleman shooting misses the first hits the second.

"Miss, Kill"
I believe this to be wrong,but I and not 100%,would argue toss.

Have been given pair dead in these circumstances many times.

a couple of weeks ago a sim  looper and a crosser happened to cross paths and the shooter killed both with 1 shot -  it was called as kill/kill, I think the above should be the same.

The definition in the rules is a target is hit when it is chipped or destroyed or seen to have holes in caused by the competitors shot (not erroneous bits of clay)

Therefore pair again nothing established. (Sim pairs) In effect the second target is a no bird.

Ref correct.

Last edited by a moderator:
As above, ref correct. If the clay is broken by a component of the cartridge (including the wad) it is a kill.

if it breaks from a bit of clay, branch, stone etc... No bird pair again.

As above, ref correct. If the clay is broken by a component of the cartridge (including the wad) it is a kill.

if it breaks from a bit of clay, branch, stone etc... No bird pair again.
​Is it first bird established in this case then?

Depends if its sim pair or on report pair. Fail to see how a piece of broken clay can break the second target if its report pairs..

Hence pair again .nothing established.

It really would be witch craft if it happens on report.  :lol:

Back