Birds Only or Competition?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tinka Bell ,you don't seem qualified to talk about this I can not find you on the CPSA database it appears you are not a member of the CPSA Is this the case

Tinka Bell ,you don't seem qualified to talk about this I can not find you on the CPSA database it appears you are not a member of the CPSA Is this the case
oh eck. Rather you than me mate :)

Tinker as many of us know is highly qualified on many shooting topics including this one.

Forgive him tinker for he knows not what he has done :)

Having got my head round this stuff I think Julesy has hit the nail on the head BO is the competition and the money is a side bet.

exactly the point i made earlier, however jules was more succinct :)
People need to stop using the term comp and bo as though there is a difference, there is not; there is a kitty tagged on if you want to bet against yourself. End of.

edit for terrible grammar as a result of a terrible education and no O levels :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh just bingled Nicola ops! I now know why she is not a member of the CPSA

Sorry didn't know any of this before

But strange comments from some one who has been so fearcely competitive in the past

No offence ment

Oh just bingled Nicola ops! I now know why she is not a member of the CPSASorry didn't know any of this beforeBut strange comments from some one who has been so fearcely competitive in the pastNo offence ment
not sure were your looking but tinker is still a cpsa member and I beleive active within her regional commitee.

I am a member of the CPSA and the Scottish and various other federations.So not sure why you (deerhunter) think I am not......or why on earth you would be interested.

CPSA scores do not really mean anything to me apart from having some fun pinging at other disciplines whilst I am in the UK.

30 years in shooting, I think, gives me the right to have a view on many subjects....but you do not have to like my view....it is a free world.

For the record....I do not know who you are either....but.....I do not need to know who anyone is in order to have a conversation. You see I treat everyone as equal :wink: and I am not impressed by money or fame of others as it does not real affect my view or my life.

Does that help?

Last edited:
I am famous in my own little world and I currently have a fiver in my wallet, impressdive huh :)

You going to UT at Rugby tomorrow IPS?

I am off to try and hit a few...keeps me from being bored..!

Thought about it nic but a last minute decision not to do the ot gp for various reasons meant that mrs ips has found me quite a few stupid jobs to do at home, I ruddy hate gardens and feilds :)

Getting sponsorship is not difficult, you need to be professional, understand ROI, be able to talk to people on a commercial basis, have a basic grasp of marketing and have an interesting product to offer. All of these things should be well within the remit and experience of a good commercial manager... Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Matt gets post of the day award from me. xx
Santa...you are free to have your own view and I do not mind if it is different to mine xx
Of course... all of this will come out in a skills audit, and none of our NGB's would be found wanting.... Oh, wait a minute.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Of course... all of this will come out in a skills audit, and none of our NGB's would be found wanting.... Oh, wait a minute.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ah hahahahaha brilliant....!

I am so glad that someone else is awake..!

I am famous in my own little world and I currently have a fiver in my wallet, impressdive huh :)
And don't forget our ties to nobility Ips, wrong side of the bed it might be but...:)

Of course... all of this will come out in a skills audit, and none of our NGB's would be found wanting.... Oh, wait a minute.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ah hahahahaha brilliant....!
I am so glad that someone else is awake..!
I am available for hire... And I am 2 for 2 in getting major sponsorship for clay shooting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When the game is over the King and Pawn get put back in the same box.......

simple mistake, my Deer stalker, I imagine 'tinker bell' is not her registered name,,? mind you, I haven't seen her driving licence to confirm, or cpsa entry.

Personally I'd get rid of the cash all together. It is the only time people behave like dickheads and for what? Less than they paid to shoot the event? I hate this snobbishness towards people who shoot birds only. What about a family that all shoot, if they choose not to go comp then that is an extra entry paid every week. Shoot for titles, trophies, prizes. Comp entry is just gambling, why should it be compulsory? Birds only IS the competition (in terms of titles/trophies/leaving a legacy). Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Absolutely agree Julesy.  Bang on the money. (no puns intended  :wink: )

Sounds about right to me. In short you don't have to be in a "Competition Shoot" to be shooting competitively, but if you do want to shoot in a Competition Shoot, then you should expect to have to join in, fully. Yep, as a non competition shooter, I can agree with that :good:
So this means that those of us that are not in CPSA, can't shoot in that comp without paying for something we can't possibly win?

I somehow feel that the pockets of plenty of ground owners will be considerably lighter if this is the case.  I shoot in the reg comps at Orston (amongst others) as often as I can, always BO because even if I am High Gun (just hang on till I stop laughing) I get diddly squat because I am not a member of CPSA.

The other side of what this infers is that every clay shooter must be in CPSA??  I am sure that the likes of BASC would not support this stance, and not many of us recreational shooters can afford to be in both.  If you can then fair play, enjoy. If we are then faced with the choice of "you can only shoot in comps if you are in the CPSA, or only use non reg grounds" and are considering whether to join said organisation, with all the talk (on here and other places) of the ridiculous state it is in, why on earth would we?  Get on board a sinking ship? Or even one that appears to have no Captain at the helm?  

Not for me ta.

So the way forward?  See Julesy!!

Back