Best looking OT style

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the point I'm trying to make is that OT success is not the necessary component in sales.  Newer shooters seeing the popularity of the gun locally by many of the better shooters is far more important than the use of it by one person at an exalted level.  Just like MotoGP might make great advert copy, what Joe Newbuyer sees on the street and reads about in the road tests is way more important.  Nobody thinks they're getting a MotoGP bike but they can get the flash one like Local Hero has and the mags raved about.  Advertising/sales work on more than one level.

JMO of course.

Been watching Croatian OT shooter Glasnovic on issf. I have changed my mind from original choice I now consider Glasnovic to be at the top of my "nice style" list.

Been watching Croatian OT shooter Glasnovic on issf. I have changed my mind from original choice I now consider Glasnovic to be at the top of my "nice style" list.
Yes I watched him too,nice style. I watched pellielo in Peru on issf,when his gun is mounted his face is pointing inwards to the stock,his right eye has to look so far left that he is close to viewing the bridge of his nose!! Even so what a shooter!!!!

Yes he goes against pretty much every text book method. How he sees the target clearly is beyond me but just goes to show there is no right or wrong way but makes you think if he is good because of or despite of such a quirky technique. If i could shoot that well standing on one leg wearing a pink tutu i would, well maybe not on one leg but you get the idea :)

Yes he goes against pretty much every text book method. How he sees the target clearly is beyond me but just goes to show there is no right or wrong way but makes you think if he is good because of or despite of such a quirky technique. If i could shoot that well standing on one leg wearing a pink tutu i would, well maybe not on one leg but you get the idea :)
Ok so forget one leg then Ian........show us the pics of you in the tutu!!

Will do just as soon as you give it back :)

No mate cos you never returned my basque so i only lend you stuff now.

Ooh these new stockings chaffe

Stockings sweetie? I much prefer tights at this time of year, they help reduce the effects of the wind dear!

It could be deliberate! when and where you see the target is critical and he may be maximising this.

Unlikely he is doing this, but what I meant was if you don't want to see the flash or move too soon, maybe having certain area of vision blocked might work for some people, a bit like blocking the non master eye. I haven't had chance to watch, does he have a high gun hold?

http://www.tirovesti.co.uk/

I see what you mean Jake yes possible i suppose. Not to sure about his gun hold never taken much notice.

I see what you mean Jake yes possible i suppose. Not to sure about his gun hold never taken much notice.
I don't think he holds unusually high I think a foot or so above the lid if I remember correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I think the Lady's have some of the smoothest nicest styles to watch. My favourite being Zuzana Štefečeková. looks like a highish gun hold (as far as I can see from videos) and seems to use so little movement and effort to get to the target. Also German shooter Jana Beckman is a seriously smooth mover, even if her mount is less traditional. 

Derek Burnett still one of my favourites to watch, but I am kind of drawn to those who shoot with a less traditional style much like I have to.

I agree sidney i too am drawn to un conventional styles i did particularly like fernandez but he seems to have slowed right down. Lady shooters for me would be nattrass i have seen her shoot in person and met her. Her style and gun fit should not work but look at her record, awesome.

Nattrass... Legend.. also the best commentator on the ISSF videos, they should take her on full time. Satu Makela-Numella is a good one to watch too, head back a long way on the stock... like some high hold shooters, but gun down on the mark, yanks the barrels down after the shot in a sort of loopy follow through, not pretty but boy is it effective!

Sidney

see my post "womens OT final"

Latest posts

Back