Best looking OT style

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Les

Dangle a furry dice from your barrels to match your go faster stripe ...... job done :0

Its a good we understand each others humour, were only joking folks :crazy:   

Les

Dangle a furry dice from your barrels to match your go faster stripe ...... job done :0

Its a good we understand each others humour, were only joking folks :crazy:   
I thought I may get some of those ultra violet chasing light jobbies to run down the sides of the tubes and I could maybe get some of those trendy jeans that allow ones underpants to show about ten inches above the belt loops! Then of course I could get the crutch of the jeans to fit around my knees, this will of course surely enable far better stance control than conventional trousers!!! This coupled with my new shooting hat, I'm trying to find one of those with the peak at the side at the moment, but they seem difficult to source down here for some reason!!! I will be using a scateboard to get me from the clubhouse to the layout in future, I am getting some of those "Vans" scateboard pumps so as to get more grip and I shall be casting off my Castellani vest in favour of a hoodie bearing the name "Superdry". With all these changes I'm sure to be a winner next year!!!! Look out OT here I come!!!!

Brilliant. :)

But you do seem to be very knowledgeable about current street fashion which in itself is a little worrying. :)

If you adorned such attire at a OT Event you would look "sic"

Brilliant. :)

But you do seem to be very knowledgeable about current street fashion which in itself is a little worrying. :)

If you adorned such attire at a OT Event you would look "sic"
Listen pal........you can't spend almost half a week up in London without getting in the groove man!!!! It's all very trendy up there, if I can't get any of those low waist, low crutch jeans down here, well I reckon I will just have to get some big pants and pull 'em up to my armpits, that should do the trick!  And I may need to cut the peak off my Dorset team cap and stick it onto the side, I'm certainly going to look the biz next season man!!!!!  Down this way they think "Superdry" is some sort of plastic mack, so I may have to just write Sperdry on a sweat shirt with a felt tip pen and hope nobody notices that the hood is missing. I intend to make OT the trendy thing to shoot, I'm sure I shall be the most trendy OT shooter in Dorset next year!!!! :yahoo:

Les, I shoot a DT11 and wear a bright blue Superdry hoodie under my skeet vest...

Les, I shoot a DT11 and wear a bright blue Superdry hoodie under my skeet vest...
yeah but are your kecks round your arse and your Armani undies on show, if not then its only half a job. Read les's post above for full uniform requirements :)

wow what a result for berretta. If I didn't already have two I would be going to tame gunshop owner and ordering one.
I wonder if Zoli started throwing serious (and I mean serious) money at the worlds elite shooters and they started winning stuff (bearing in mind the guns would be perfectly engineered to suit the shooters requirements so no reason why they wouldn't win) that people would take notice and start buying their guns?

Beretta must be throwing 'serious' money at the elite as well as sponsoring the Italian shooting team (any of them still shooting Perazzi?).

Wonder if the extra sales in DT11's and 692's is worth it!

Would love to be a fly on wall at the next Perazzi board meeting !

DT

I wonder if Zoli started throwing serious (and I mean serious) money at the worlds elite shooters and they started winning stuff (bearing in mind the guns would be perfectly engineered to suit the shooters requirements so no reason why they wouldn't win) that people would take notice and start buying their guns?

Beretta must be throwing 'serious' money at the elite as well as sponsoring the Italian shooting team (any of them still shooting Perazzi?).

Wonder if the extra sales in DT11's and 692's is worth it!

Would love to be a fly on wall at the next Perazzi board meeting !

DT
It must be very big money indeed,but let's be honest a lot of those top guys would probably shoot a baikal for the right money/deal, I would bet that they would still win too! Beretta has so much clout that they can buy whoever they want!

I am going to say something that may provoke a reaction it is not designed to though. If you make big enough financial incentives to any shooter and make them the gun they want they will drop what they are shooting like a piece of fresh sh*te.  Any shooter will its a question of how much you pay. If Beretta get one or two top shooters winning consistently with their guns then they have got it made it will not be long before others follow again it will have to be a donated gun... but hey is that not what Perazzi have been doing for years?

I am going to say something that may provoke a reaction it is not designed to though. If you make big enough financial incentives to any shooter and make them the gun they want they will drop what they are shooting like a piece of fresh sh*te.  Any shooter will its a question of how much you pay. If Beretta get one or two top shooters winning consistently with their guns then they have got it made it will not be long before others follow again it will have to be a donated gun... but hey is that not what Perazzi have been doing for years?
Yes Perazzi have been doing it for a long time........so have Beretta.......but it now looks as though Beretta have upped their game! Let's face it John, Beretta are so big that they could probably buy every top shooter in the world if they really wanted to.

Beretta have I believe, been second to perazzi in almost all OT shoots (I am talking top level) for many years however it would seem that now the go faster stripe and the huge blunderbuss barrels of the 11 are showing the big "P" who is boss. :)

I think the obvious truth already mentioned here is that the top shooters will be the top shooters no matter what.  Beretta isn't showing Perazzi anything but that truth and the extent of Beretta's advertising budget.  I seriously doubt Perazzi's market share will decrease in any marked way as a result.  New Perazzi buyers are not new Beretta buyers and have never been as best as I can tell.  Ferrari buyers don't care who drives a Lexus.  :nyam:

Far more serious a topic for Perazzi is chosing a viable direction post-Daniele.  Time will tell on that. 

JMO of course

Charlie

Last edited by a moderator:
Beretta have I believe, been second to perazzi in almost all OT shoots (I am talking top level) for many years however it would seem that now the go faster stripe and the huge blunderbuss barrels of the 11 are showing the big "P" who is boss. :)
I don't know about that but if you can get a couple of in form shooters blasting clays out of the sky it is a great help! It is all a question of how much Beretta want to spend, but if they hire the best shooters then they are a shoe in to win more titles and that in turn sells more guns. If you take it into other areas for example motor cycles Honda know the value of winning, that is why they nearly always win the most important titles. Which begs the question what the f are they doing with Dani Pedrosa on their bike :)

The way I heard it, HRC is a separate corp and is a rolling R&D.  Sales do not equate to HRC in any direct way at all.  I could be worng on that.

Wins may well sell more guns for Beretta since the most of what they sell are not target guns to target shooters and that sort of advertising will play better to the sportsman than to the target shooter getting primed to pop $3K-$5K for a gun who is looking for something that fits and shoots right for him.  I went to Perazzis from Berettas simply because I liked they way they felt better, even tho I liked the Beretta.  Had nothing to do with Beretta USA treating me like sh*t.  Seriously.

I would be very interested to see if it has any effect on Perazzi sales at all.

JMO of course

Yes you are right HRC is a separate entity from Honda BUT it is a very major part of Honda's enterprise and  you are most definitely wrong about the sales, selling through excellence in motorsports has always been a Honda main philosophy since the very first entry to the IOM TT races, in which Honda continue to have a major association every year, in fact the reason these races still exist is in no small part down to Honda. As an aside Yamaha recently withdrew from the WSBK races, why? Because it added considerably to the cost of one of their top range R1 machines they said the could not justify passing that on to their customers. They continue ,successfully to race in Moto gp though this keeps their brand in the bike buying customers eye.

Anyway back to guns the fact is if you make the right tool and pay the right people to use it you will win and sales will increase on the back of that. I personally do not believe that Perazzi's popularity in the target shooting sector of shotgun sales is nothing to do with the fact they win large numbers of shooting events, someone will be along in a moment to tell me this is not true and they only sell because they are good guns. Shooters are the same as any other population of sports people in that they tend to use the brand that the top dogs use. And that is from shoes up to sunglasses.

Anyway back to guns the fact is if you make the right tool and pay the right people to use it you will win and sales will increase on the back of that. I personally do not believe that Perazzi's popularity in the target shooting sector of shotgun sales is nothing to do with the fact they win large numbers of shooting events, someone will be along in a moment to tell me this is not true and they only sell because they are good guns. Shooters are the same as any other population of sports people in that they tend to use the brand that the top dogs use. And that is from shoes up to sunglasses.
Yes John, well said sir!!!

Back