Best looking OT style

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is easy for newcomers to create a wooden style by propping their head on the stock. Good examples of compromise are Richard Faulds and Cernogoraz who shot successfully in London head upright and eyes level without glasses. Try tilting your head to one side and consider if you would like to drive a car that way. My vote on style-to-copy on this occasion goes again to Serrano.

Last edited by a moderator:
As an aside if you want to watch a shoot off that shows absolute determination, concentration and a very clean style then watch Aaron heading on issf you tube in UAE this is pure class and a joy to watch.

Hi 40UP

I often wonder if there is any mileage in raising my comb up
Maybe but gun will shoot high if you do, however you would in time adapt.

When I first tried a high rib 682X I struggled for a few weeks so decided I was going to set the gun up so that it was comfortable to mount (was having a lot of neck / shoulder problems at the time) and bollox to were it shot just try and adapt. Virtually ran out of comb adjustment it was so high but boy was it comfy. Didn't bother to pattern it just got on with it and within a couple of shoots I was doing consistent 290+ and the occasional 100 straight  294 / 295 kind of scores. (DTL)

The point is given time you can adapt to a gun even if theoretically its wrong.

So what happened to this gun that I was capable of shooting consistent AA scores with .............................. I chopped it for a DT10X purely out of vanity, big mistake.

Maybe but gun will shoot high if you do, however you would in time adapt.

When I first tried a high rib 682X I struggled for a few weeks so decided I was going to set the gun up so that it was comfortable to mount (was having a lot of neck / shoulder problems at the time) and bollox to were it shot just try and adapt. Virtually ran out of comb adjustment it was so high but boy was it comfy. Didn't bother to pattern it just got on with it and within a couple of shoots I was doing consistent 290+ and the occasional 100 straight  294 / 295 kind of scores. (DTL)

The point is given time you can adapt to a gun even if theoretically its wrong.

So what happened to this gun that I was capable of shooting consistent AA scores with .............................. I chopped it for a DT10X purely out of vanity, big mistake.
Ian you sold good guns, I've sold good guns, most of us have done exactly the same thing.........several times!!!!  True story.......

Many times Les me old pal many times :)
I have started to forget what my guns look like, it's ages since I shot, too much going on at the moment, but I hope it will start to get back to some form of normality within the next week or two. Looks as though Beretta had a good show in Peru!!!!!!!

Yep mens silver was a DT11

Womens gold and Silver was DT11

Yep mens silver was a DT11

Womens gold and Silver was DT11
 Yeah I think mens gold was a DT11 too, Pellielo got it, he beat that Croatian guy, who also had an 11. Looks like Beretta are going to start a war against Perazzi.

wow what a result for berretta. If I didn't already have two I would be going to tame gunshop owner and ordering one.

wow what a result for berretta. If I didn't already have two I would be going to tame gunshop owner and ordering one.
I think a Danish lad won the skeet with one as well.

Flaming eck we showed them poxy Perazzi's a thing or two :)

Flaming eck we showed them poxy Perazzi's a thing or two :)
When Beretta announced the DT11 at a press conference they said that they were going to give Perazzi a hard time!!!!!  Looks as though they were true to their word mate! It must be costing them a fortune to get those top people to shoot those guns, even Phil Morgan the DTL shooter is using one, so is Cheryl Hall the sporting shooter,so looks as though they are having a go at all the disciplines!!!! That DT11X looks like it is aimed at DT and ATA, seems as though they mean business!!!!

Yes maybe some of us were a bit harsh on the 11 at first so words may have to be eaten.  

Yes maybe some of us were a bit harsh on the 11 at first so words may have to be eaten.  
Well I was one such harsh person............and look what I did!!!!!  Having said that Ian, the one I have does not seem to feel the same as the first ones I picked up, same happened when I first picked up a 10, I didn't like it.......but I later ended up buying one !!! As for the blue go faster stripes, well to be honest I don't even notice them now!!! Given the choice I would like it better with a black action with gold writting on it, like my old 10, they changed the 10 after I got mine, they made them all silver action. They should also have a high grade 11 like they did with the 10, as you know only too well.

Why have they fallen off already :)
To be honest, I haven't even seen the gun for about two weeks, so they may well have vanished by now Ian!!!!! I will have a look tonight!

Back