Beretta 692

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The trap barrels are often heavier, my preference is towards lighter for ESP but then again I'd need to know the actual weights before committing.
Remember I'm comparing a 32" MK38 with a soild mid rib with  30" 692s with vented mid rib. The trap certainly felt more MK38 like than the sporter :) However I do have 4 or 5 oz of lead in my stock bolt hole...

I've yet to handle a Trap version but early indications of a 32" Sporter I have had a swing with are that the whole thing is too light.

Hi, read most of this thread, what can I say than We upgraded Vika's B725 Hunter to a 692 32" adjustable today and having shot with it straight from the box she loves it. A bit of adjustment on the comb and off she went. By the second stand she was doing well, hardly noticing the extra 4 inches!! She will still need to loose an inch off the stock but so far so good.

All in all an expensive week of upgrades.

I purchased a 692 32" recently.  It feels well balanced.  I have taken it out twice so far.

post-1991-0-70618600-1376495264.jpg

post-1991-0-26080700-1376496731.jpg

Attachments

• 692.jpg
    692.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 692_stock2.jpg
    692_stock2.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 0
Well it’s been a long time coming (2 days short of 5 months since I paid my deposit) but my 692 finally arrived on Friday. Typical I was away for the weekend but managed to get back early enough yesterday to pick it up just before closing time. Looking forward to have a crack with it on Saturday. I don’t proclaim to be anything close to a decent shot but to me it feels very balanced straight out of the box. Does help that it’s a proper southpaw model rather than the right handed 682 I was shooting.

Build quality seems good and feels very sturdy. Action is very tight which feels strange after the 682 which was super slick on opening. Assume that will free up a bit after some decent usage.

Get a fixed that fits. Adjustable combs are the devils work IMO :)
 The devils work indeed Ian. That MK38 I had with the adjustable comb drove me mad!!!!!! I just could not get it to feel right, I measured and set everything so many times I lost count, in the end I gave up as you know! The only adjustable thing that seems not to give me trouble is an adjustable trigger, I've had several guns with them and I just set it and leave it alone, but generally I avoid anything that I can fiddle with!!!!!!!

. Action is very tight which feels strange after the 682 which was super slick on opening. Assume that will free up a bit after some decent usage.

Yes it will free up after a few thousand shots.

Well it’s been a long time coming (2 days short of 5 months since I paid my deposit) but my 692 finally arrived on Friday. Typical I was away for the weekend but managed to get back early enough yesterday to pick it up just before closing time. Looking forward to have a crack with it on Saturday. I don’t proclaim to be anything close to a decent shot but to me it feels very balanced straight out of the box. Does help that it’s a proper southpaw model rather than the right handed 682 I was shooting.

Build quality seems good and feels very sturdy. Action is very tight which feels strange after the 682 which was super slick on opening. Assume that will free up a bit after some decent usage.
I had to wait 6 months for mine stateside.

It seemed like forever.

Can you post some pictures of your 692?

Last edited by a moderator:

Grease the hinge and all part's where the fore end meets the action

I had to wait 6 months for mine stateside.

It seemed like forever.

Can you post some pictures of your 692?
Will try and get some up tonight or tomorrow if I get the time.

I assume yours came with the Schnabel forend as all the US ones seem to?

Are the US Importers any better than GMK here in the UK in terms of knowing what guns were coming and when? I was told so many times my gun was part of the next shipment when it wasn’t. The guy I ordered through used to work for GMK some years ago and said the lack of clarity stems from Beretta's side (and they own 60% of GMK now anyway).

Will try and get some up tonight or tomorrow if I get the time.

I assume yours came with the Schnabel forend as all the US ones seem to?

Are the US Importers any better than GMK here in the UK in terms of knowing what guns were coming and when? I was told so many times my gun was part of the next shipment when it wasn’t. The guy I ordered through used to work for GMK some years ago and said the lack of clarity stems from Beretta's side (and they own 60% of GMK now anyway).
Yes, mine came with the schnabel forearm.  There are 2 pics of my 692 further up on this thread.

No, they weren't very accurate, I ordered early feb.   I was told arrival end of June.  I finally got the call early August.

The US market was getting each release of the 692 a month or two behind the UK market, the first 32" 692s arrived about mid July stateside.

Twas a tad low then presumably :)
 yes it felt ok in the shop (but dont they all) its 32mm at the front which is not to bad but its 50mm at the back which is far to low for me.its ok for most shooting but when shooting driven or overhead clays i lose the bead because my head is further back on the comb.

Yes funny how they feel right in the shop isnt it.

not sure about sporting stock dimensions but that drop does sound steep.

After hearing so much interest in my adjustable combs i have started selling them
post-65-0-65205400-1386459040.jpg

any colour that you can get pvc tape in including a very tasteful green and yellow for norwich city fans.£500 for a finished stock or £300 for a DIY kit and as a special offer to shootclay members a free box of cereal with every kit. PM me with colour and cereal choice.

Attachments

• shotgun comb 001.jpg
    shotgun comb 001.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 0
The eell is a tad low but I am not convinced with your crsftsmanship, sorry :)

Back