Beretta 692

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dealer just contacted me to say my 692 has finally arrived. Hopefully can get out of work early to go and collect it tomorrow :)

Sods law I am on a Stag Do all weekender this week so won’t get to try it out until the weekend after.
Simon

The NCSC is open late on a Wednesdays until 20:00 so prehaps collect it then and have a good try out with it.

Dealer just contacted me to say my 692 has finally arrived. Hopefully can get out of work early to go and collect it tomorrow :)

Sods law I am on a Stag Do all weekender this week so won’t get to try it out until the weekend after.
Try EJ Churchill Wednesday or Thursday night. Cheap shooting too!

Cheers chaps but that particular problem solved itself as my gun did not actually arrive. They made a mistake – it was just a regular L/H 30” they have ordered for stock. I was tempted to take it but have held out long enough now. So if anyone knows anyone wanting a 30” L/H sporter there is one at William Evans, Bisley currently.

There now seem to be a few adjustable 30" right handed guns on gun trader but no 32" adjustables - prices £3k isn

Looking forward to seeing one of these.

I was at Greenfields in Salisbury the other day and a 30" has now arrived since!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers chaps but that particular problem solved itself as my gun did not actually arrive. They made a mistake – it was just a regular L/H 30” they have ordered for stock. I was tempted to take it but have held out long enough now. So if anyone knows anyone wanting a 30” L/H sporter there is one at William Evans, Bisley currently.
Tell you what P1, you have the patience of Job matey. I'd have buggered off and bought something else weeeeeks ago!!

Hope your patience is rewarded real soon?

DT

Oh dear P1, I'm sorry to hear that.

I'd be going nuts by now.

Grabbed a hold of a 692 Trap today at the Ian Coley open day, I have to say as a staunch miroku fan it did actually feel very good. Not an adjustable stock but plenty high enough in the comb. Nice "london" style forend that wasnt too chunky but still grippy enough and filled the hand nicely.

Only downside for me is there are no plans to make it in a multi choke, but there is plenty of steel at the business end for Mr Teague to do his thing. All in all a decent package and would definitely be my choice over the sporter and the DT11 I also picked up. That is, if I was to be tempted to the dark side  :spiteful:   :laugh:

Grabbed a hold of a 692 Trap today at the Ian Coley open day, I have to say as a staunch miroku fan it did actually feel very good. Not an adjustable stock but plenty high enough in the comb. Nice "london" style forend that wasnt too chunky but still grippy enough and filled the hand nicely.

Only downside for me is there are no plans to make it in a multi choke, but there is plenty of steel at the business end for Mr Teague to do his thing. All in all a decent package and would definitely be my choice over the sporter and the DT11 I also picked up. That is, if I was to be tempted to the dark side :spiteful: :laugh:
Don't do it Fuzz, use the force! (miroku) :)

Dont worry, I'm sticking :) But fair play to Beretta they have finally come up with something that has a decent stock measurement "off the peg" that may well tempt some Miroke trappies over. It actually felt better in the shoulder than the DT11 trap imho

unedazep.jpg
Fuz I just got a dt10x now thats balanced and high rib better than my mates dt11 less recoil than both 692 and dt11.......sweet

Last edited by a moderator:
I just cant get on with a high rib, I had a gold e xtrap, wonderful gun for going away stuff but just couldnt get to grips with it on crossers or driven/incommers :(  

Only downside for me is there are no plans to make it in a multi choke, but there is plenty of steel at the business end for Mr Teague to do his thing. All in all a decent package and would definitely be my choice over the sporter and the DT11 I also picked up. That is, if I was to be tempted to the dark side  :spiteful:   :laugh:
You can order a Sporter with Trap wood if you want so you end up with multi chokes and a barrel selector, it's what I did with my 682E.

I bought it from Jonathan at mid wales he really looked after me so I managd a few shells on the sport trap was managing to keep up with joe demulder and hes aa class I think im happy, next year im shooting allround seriously so this is the baby for that

Back on thread tho I tried the 692 out at ladds and was impressed but then the price was going up and couldnt bring myself to go 692 when a bit more got me to dt10 land, cant u tell im a beretta man.......

You can order a Sporter with Trap wood if you want so you end up with multi chokes and a barrel selector, it's what I did with my 682E.
It wasn't just the wood dimensions, it just felt "chunkier" than the sporter, same action but I have a feeling the barrels were heavier (Didnt ask, just my opinion) felt a lot steadier than the sporter, swinging it round the tent although I didnt shoot either.

The trap barrels are often heavier, my preference is towards lighter for ESP but then again I'd need to know the actual weights before committing.

Back