Barrel Weights.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul120

I want to add around 100g (4oz) to my beretta sporter barrels to bring them up to the same weight as my perazzi which I find handles better.

I know you can lead strips but they look unsightly. I was thinking of something under the fore end but there is no mid rib in this area.

Blasers come with weights that can he fitted in this area.

Any ideas on if they will fit a beretta or how add weight without marking the barrels.

Thanks

Buy a briley barrel weight,i have one for sale.

There are two threads on this somewhere if you have time to look for them. Lots of info on them.

There are two threads on this somewhere if you have time to look for them. Lots of info on them.
Thanks. I thought there might but the search on the mobile version didn't return anything relevant. I'll have another go tomorrow.

Buy a briley barrel weight,i have one for sale.
Thanks. I've just had a quick goggle. I can see something that clamps onto the bottom barrel. I was looking for something along the lines of the Blaser solution.

Fill the void under the fore-end (where there is no rib), with lead flashing strips etc.  Or a suitable length of lead, beaten and fixed in place.

I know how I would do it, but you probably wouldn't want to do that.

Don't be tempted to melt lead directly into that void, as it could loosen solder and other nasty things.

Found the previous thread:-

'&do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Answers all but one question...Where can  I but the lead strips.. 

Thanks

The other option if your gun is a multi choke, is to try heavier chokes like Rhinos, I think these are about 1oz each heavier than standard Beretta chokes.

Find your local glaziers and buy some of the lead lighting self adhesive strips used on double glazed windows. I have used this inside the forend to add some weight 'up front' and it worked well enough. Just make sure you degrease the wood or the barrels, whichever you are sticking the lead to, in order for it to stick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending on which barrels your Beretta is fitted with Krieghoff make a weight which will fit under the forend. You will have to order these from Krieghoff in Germany and they are expensive.

The Blaser weights won't fit as you need the mounting block between the barrels to fit them to.

"As a learned gentleman of this parish once told me, "if you want heavier barrels......wear a big watch!"  

DT"

Well, I had to quit wearing it - slowed me down too much.  Besides the sun would reflect off it now and then tho that would prolly not happen much in the UK   :preved:

Mmmm...Tried that actually.. Didn't work :fie:  still too light.

also made my Perazzi too barrel heavy.. :banghead:

Thanks for the tips. off to the Glazers as soon as I can find time, (Bit less expensive  than heavier chokes)  

So... How's it going down at the Pub??

Mmmm...Tried that actually.. Didn't work :fie:  still too light.

also made my Perazzi too barrel heavy.. :banghead:
You could double up the watch with an ID bracelet for the light one.  Choice of gold, silver, sterling for weight diff's.  Or just go all in with a gold Rolex.  Pretty hefty.

I seem to remember that the CG clip on weights fit a Beretta.

I could of course be talking cack.

What about removing a small amount of wood from inside the butt, behind the recoil pad? I did this with a Perazzi once, and it did the trick!

You can buy lead strips for tuning tennis rackets from good racket shops.

Latest posts

Back