Autos. Love or Hate

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgot to say.....now I have been asked......

Hate autos....... !!

In the same category as Lasers....

Would not give one cabinet room ...!

:laugh: :laugh: :haha:

I have an O/U and semi. 

The semi is good fun but I use the O/U for serious practice (don't think I'm good enough for comps yet :fie:  )

And yes, I do pick my empties up :eek:nthequiet:

I have a 14 shot Benelli M2, I mostly use it for destroying a practical shotgun range with slug or buckshot and for decoying rooks and pigeons, absolutely love it and its in the nasty looking black which pisses the purists off even more, BUT I would never use it at a clay range , I'm not that stupid.

I have a 14 shot Benelli M2, I mostly use it for destroying a practical shotgun range with slug or buckshot and for decoying rooks and pigeons, absolutely love it and its in the nasty looking black which pisses the purists off even more, BUT I would never use it at a clay range , I'm not that stupid.
I would, you could shoot the whole stand without having to reload.that would speed things up nicely.

chippy

Now 'that' sounds a much more interesting piece of kit :smile:

Overall I do much prefer double barrel guns, either o/u or even s/s, but I do have a very nice semi auto (Beretta Teksys Stonecoat Gold) which is great for pigeons and will also use it for skeet.

Odd though, it will cycle even 24gms plastic wads with no problem, but it HATES 28gms or 24gms fibre wads - go figure, but possibly the lack of recoil created by those cartridges?

Semi autos are also hugely popular amongst skeeters in US. 

I just think that a lot of shooters in the UK just don't like them, where as in the US a lot of shooters use them.

It must be a bigatory attitude in this country.

Not from me....( :smile: )

I just don't like them (after shooting / owning a few).....I would rather call it 'personal choice'.

:laugh:

Malc, that may be an issue with the gases getting past the fibre wads, I've used Rio 28g fibre Target loads and also Gamebore Blue Diamond fibre and they work fine through my 390, I haven't tried any 24g though, so I couldn't comment.

Personally I think autos are great and sadly often overlooked, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone who makes loading an O/U look difficult though!

They have there uses like a tool I might use for work, for me a 3 shot is pointless , I only use one when multiple rounds are needed within the particular situation, I would never try and use one for OT , I have the correct tool for that job.

Had to laugh - just read this article in the Grauniad - apropos the topic here...

Stephen King risks wrath of NRA by releasing pro-gun control essay
Bestselling author and gun owner says 'autos and semi-autos are weapons of mass destruction' in 25-page work for Kindle
Link to article

I just think that a lot of shooters in the UK just don't like them, where as in the US a lot of shooters use them.

It must be a bigatory attitude in this country.
Why is it bigoted to prefer something else?

What a load of cock. Why would I feel I've got to prefer something just because the bloody yanks prefer it?

Christ on a bike.....

personnally i dont use them , but have enjoyed them in the past and always think i may need one in the future when i 'm old an knackered. i would use one at trap . it would put off the whinging tarpies and give me an advantage. and when i've put me £37 in for the priviledge of shooting 100esp then do a give a toss about spent shells ??? errr no. pay and spray baby . :hunter:

Hate the f***ing things, like shooting a three shot pogo stick!!! Love the idea, hate the feeling, would rather shoot a O/U...

Have a look at the AA12 shotgun on u tube now thats a semi............pmsl

Having read some of the replies on here I must make a point of using my semi for clays more often, just to wind the elite few up a bit.  :haha:   :thumbsu:   :lol:

Latest posts

Back