Adjustable comb...Is it worth it?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, remember, mine is a cheap & cheerful 525 so not going to spend anything converting it unless it's a steal, but might look into it if I get another at some point. Still learning how to shoot the bloody thing at the mo! :)

I've read before that conversions can be done for a couple of hundred, but if others are looking at this, is it something that is likely to negatively affect resale value as it would obviously not be how it came out the factory if someone did a serial number check or summat?

I've read before that conversions can be done for a couple of hundred, but if others are looking at this, is it something that is likely to negatively affect resale value as it would obviously not be how it came out the factory if someone did a serial number check or summat?
I don't think they de value the gun at all, you certainly don't get the money back from the conversion in increased value. They are getting more common place to have the conversions these days so value shouldn't be affected if done well. 

Has anyone considered a 'Motorized adjustable stock'    ?  This could well be the answer to all 'stock fiddlers',  you could actually raise or lower the comb between shots to suit the different targets. Lower the comb for 'rabbits', raise it up for teal or trap type targets, I really believe this could be the answer to many a shooters dream.   🤔

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone considered a 'Motorized adjustable stock'    ?  This could well be the answer to all 'stock fiddlers',  you could actually raise or lower the comb between shots to suit the different targets. Lower the comb for 'rabbits', raise it up for teal or trap type targets, I really believe this could be the answer to many a shooters dream.   🤔
If you would include a separately motorized rib I can see some heavy market share !   :frantics:   I recall watching a K80 shooter adjusting his rib between shots.  Pretty impressive that someone was so adept as to be doing that.  OK - he was a meathead and living on a strange planet I suspect.  Prolly voted for the OrangeClown having a mind that clouded  :lolu:

Hear about different barrels being swapped around on the same model for changes in total length, is this the same with stocks, can you swap to an adjustable if you happen to find the same model stock knocking about somewhere? Theoretically, I couldn't see why not, but I'm no expert.
absolutely - just remember that only really sloppy fit stocks are actually "interchangeable" and any gun of reasonable quality will likely require some minor fitting to the action.  An adjusto conversion would have to be not well done to affect the value of the gun IMO.  Any reputable stock guy's work will not detract from the gun value at all.  Actually may increase the pool of potential buyers.  again JMO

Latest posts

Back