1st Shotgun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess some dealers don't really get how big a deal a first new gun is. Understandable with everything else they have to do, but as you say disappointing. 

Hope you get sorted soon. 

I went through the kind of thought process you are going through. I sought advice here and at my local gun dealer.  I decided I did not want to buy a new gun to learn on, just in case I changed it in a few months or damaged it!  I managed to find a used quality gun in as new condition.  

Be swayed towards the lower cost of second-hand initial ownership of a shotgun until you have decided what you really want once you have some idea about what and how to do it!

Thanks to Finners I have been in touch with Andy at Essex Gun and will have a new LH Evo making its way to my local gunsmith probably by the weekend!!

The 2nd hand gun turned out to be the wrong model hence going with the new Evo.

Thanks for all your help :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the Evo has been delivered!! My local gunsmith is giving it the once over before I collect Good Friday morning...........can't bloody wait!!

So the next question is........is there anything specific that I need with my new gun before, during or after our first outing?!?!

James

A cleaning kit. Ensure the gun shop show you what is needed and how to do it. The gun cleaning kits often come with fiddly bottles of cleaner. Buy a can of Napier spray. Much easier.

A cleaning kit. Ensure the gun shop show you what is needed and how to do it. The gun cleaning kits often come with fiddly bottles of cleaner. Buy a can of Napier spray. Much easier.
Bought Legia spray and it is much easier than the bisley kit, I looked at the Napier and could'nt decide which one to get, both seem to gte good reviews.

Alternatively cleaned with Bisley and spray and not much in it re cleaning just much quicker and easier with the spray and a pull through

A shooting cap or baseball cap to protect your head and eyes from clay fragments

A pair of polycarbonate shooting glasses to protect your eyes or I bought a set of 5 or 6 different coloured tints for about £50

Most grounds insists that you wear these along with either ear plugs or ear defenders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all, have quite a comprehensive shopping list completed..........and the credit card ready!!

No not shot an Evo yet but have had a fitting session. Looking forward to my first outing on Saturday!!

Back