1st Shotgun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi James and welcome. I am a lefty too and you're right there is a lot less choice out but if you think your choice is limited now wait until you want a left handed semi-auto!!

I note that no-one has asked anything about you yet!? How tall are you, what build etc? I would recommend a beretta or a Browning/Miroku depending on your build. Taller people with longer neck seem to fair better with the increased drop on Brownings. If your more average height then a Beretta would probably be better. If you stick with any of these options you will have a good re-sale or trade in value when you come to want something better or different in a year or so's time.

If your tall then you should cope fine with 32" barrels otherwise stick to 30".

Like someone else has suggested Avalon guns have a lot of left handed guns and i know people who speak highly of them. Remeber to haggle though as there is always room to come down on their prices. Otherwise gun trader online is a good resource and lists available guns from most shops from all around the country.

Thanks Mike.

I am 5 9 and lets say fairly well built!! 

I have got my heart set on the Beretta silver pigeon, my local gun shop have one in stock too  :laugh:

I have already had a haggle on the price and they wont drop the price of the gun, they are prepared to throw in a few extras.

James, at 5'9" i'd say a Beretta should be an excellent choice!!

It may be worth giving Avalon guns a calls to check the price your being offered is in line with their prices before you wade straight in. FYI It's a popular gun so many gun shops will have one in stock.

Try to get useful things thrown in, things you will need, like shooting glasses, cleaning stuff, bore snake, skeet vest etc. :)

Thanks again Mike, I will check them out first.

I have been quoted £1380 inc VAT, said they would throw in a gun slip and cleaning kit.

Anytime. Good luck with it all. If you ever want to know anything or just want some advice then this is a good place to find out.

I can't help with the price i'm afraid as i'm too tall to suit Beretta shoguns. The gun slip and the cleaning kit are good items to throw in though. One call to check and you'll be good to go full steam ahead. Then get out there and enjoy yourself. :)

Haven't we all, so good luck with that one! I can't fault mine with the amount i have been shooting in the last 18 months or so :) She's very understanding!!

Rest assured......I am no doctor!!!!  :sarcastic:
That's a real shame.....we could do with one on here, well a shrink anyway!!! There are a few loonies around on the forum, which you will find out about soon enough! Anyway welcome to the forum! As for your first gun, well there is a lot of info on such things on here, but to sum much of it up, do not buy some cheapo new gun! Better to go for second hand quality than new rubbish! If you stick with the well known names, such as Beretta, Browning, Miroku then you are not going to have too much trouble!

First coaching session was fab this morning. Had about 100 clays, missed quite a few but smashed enough to make me happy!!

Arse in gear to get my cabinet sorted out now!!

Then go shopping :)

Thanks again Mike, I will check them out first.

I have been quoted £1380 inc VAT, said they would throw in a gun slip and cleaning kit.
Try sportsman Newport or Exeter. Usually very keen on price. For LH give the gun shop rugby a call.

Back