Comb Raiser

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeordieTrapper

I want to put a removable comb raiser on a stock to assess any improvement before having an adjustable comb fitted. What experience do members have? I want to avoid anything bulky which may affect cast but be good quality in case it becomes permanent. Any advice appreciated

As comb risers come in different heights and your not sure what height I would suggest you start with the blue Peter method ie cardboard and tape, you then can fine tune the height without spending any money and your shooting will improve leaps and bounds 👍, when your happy with the gun then decide comb riser or adjustable stock 

I want to put a removable comb raiser on a stock to assess any improvement before having an adjustable comb fitted. What experience do members have? I want to avoid anything bulky which may affect cast but be good quality in case it becomes permanent. Any advice appreciated
The recoil systems one is good. It’s more of a long term option, as not very cheap and does stay on well for years if needed. If you’re thinking of an adjustable comb, I agree that electrical tape and cardboard are best for a quick trial. If you KNOW you need more height or cast, just get the adj comb fitted. You can’t really go wrong with it, it’s just saving money if you don’t need it. 

Have a look at the Beartooth comb raiser kits. They come with various height inserts.

I would just add one word of caution - When using the neoprene sleeves (as per the Beartooth kit) they increase the comb width as well. Care must be taken to keep any cardboard etc on the top of the comb as much as possible and not down the sides.

Latest posts

Back