choice

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do we have the same choice as our American friends regarding  shotguns here in the uk ?  
No. Not only do some manufacturers not directly import to the UK, Kolar and Ljutic to name but two, we also lose out in terms of models available.

I’d surmise that this is down to two reasons, firstly the UK market’s relatively small and secondly, sporting’s the dominant discipline here, there’s not really the demand for a wide variety of models. That’s not the case in the US.

Last edited by a moderator:
Americans have complained for years that  Browning sporters in the US market are always ported. Especially since porting is very much yesterday's craze.

They also don't have the XS Pro which is probably the best sporter Browning has ever made and of course Mirokus are only available there via grey imports.

Sounds like it’s a little bit like “swings and roundabouts”. Back in 2012 I saw that Beretta did a parallel target version of their ulrika al391 auto with montecarlo stock and raised rib. At that time it was not available in the U.K. and GMK would not bring one in so I imported one via a firearms agent in the US. 

We all know that markets are fad driven.  US fads are different from GB fads for the most part.  What puzzles me is that the manufacturers are able to make such a mass of models (tho mostly cosmetic) and make it actually worthwhile.  But then, no one is gonna take the chance on missing a sale or market segment, eh?  

We all know that markets are fad driven. What puzzles me is that the manufacturers are able to make such a mass of models (tho mostly cosmetic) and make it actually worthwhile.  But then, no one is gonna take the chance on missing a sale or market segment, eh?  
Which takes me nicely back to the chokes discussion…

Latest posts

Back