Longridge 4/6/12

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzrat

Me and Mrs Fuz made the trip over to Longridge this morning. Some really good targets there, varied, good angles and not quite as many teal as is apparently the norm here (certainly was last time I shot it in Jan) Saw some of the Shootclay contingent, Clynt, Beretta boomstick and the gang.

Didnt really shoot my best, let quite a few silly ones get away but still managed a 67. There was a 71 in C when I left but I'm not sure that will stand up 77 I would say would be about right and certainly an 80 there with application. Martin Myers was HG when we left on 97 watched him shoot a few stands and was in a different class :) Mrs Fuz shot a 54 which she was over the moon with, her average is slowly creeping up :)

Only real gripe was the amount of no birds and the queues up the far end. 11 stands was never enough on a bank holiday when the only other reg sportings in the bottom part of the country were Keggy and Sarfdown. Too many 10 stands to get that many shooters through in a timely fashion, we took just over 2.5hrs to get round.

Finished off with a lovely ham, egg and chips and a couple of jars in The Swan Inn at Staunton, just down the road from the ground.

2.5 hrs count yourself lucky,i shot kegworth for first time, 12 stands,it was heaving there, 20 plus shooters on most stands and thats not due to any breakdowns just shear numbers os people, took nearly 4.5 hrs. very good shoot though will definetly go back there, good variety,distance, mimi,s midi,s driven teal 'loupers etc only thing missing was a rabbit.

Shot Kegworth too, 4 hrs it took us just down to the number of shooters, about 250 through today, but still enjoyed it was a good shoot as always

jeez 4.5 hrs is a marathon. I was actually contemplating going for Keggy but the extra distance put me off, glad I didnt :(

I wasn't shooting particularly well so had a count up before the stand at the far end deciding wether to bother waiting to finish. Suprised myself that I could still make 70 with 2 straights so hung around. If it had been on for a dropper I would have gone got the burgers on while she finished :.:

did keggy also . thought it was a superb shoot. as optima said loads of variety . thought it was testing. bout 3 1/2 hrs to get round but the wait was worth it . top effort by the keggy team. far better than the stagnating longridge.

Did Kegworth with Ian and Claire

In at 9.30

Done at 11.20

Home at 12.20

Easy shame about my card though!!

Did Kegworth with Ian and Claire

In at 9.30

Done at 11.20

Home at 12.20

Easy shame about my card though!!
I got there at 11am so perhaps a bit late starting left 3.30, as i was leaving they were loading truck up with more clays,stands from club house up on left were then empty but over bridge on right the stands were heaving,must have still been 80 people in there. Not grumbling though cause it was a good shoot even if i didn,t do it justice

I got there at 11am so perhaps a bit late starting left 3.30, as i was leaving they were loading truck up with more clays,stands from club house up on left were then empty but over bridge on right the stands were heaving,must have still been 80 people in there. Not grumbling though cause it was a good shoot even if i didn,t do it justice
Did also shoot pool in that time aswell

Yea, wilky was still winning with a 94 when I left but nick Hendricks was still out and he usually shoots it well. I finished on 82 lying second in B when I left but plenty more scores to come in, just messed up the 2 far stands in the field but other than was pleased with my shooting

HIGH GUN P WILKINSON 94

aa joint 1st b hand, s williams 93

3rd w cork 92

4th G stirzacker,k haggman,mdoughty 91

A 1st p whiting 91

2nd G buckley D shillaker 89

4th j taylor 88

B 1st N evans 85

2nd A swaine 82 (well done Andy)

3rd D grason,c tolley 81

This was at kegworth not longridge might need moving to its own review page i,m guessing about 10 or so scores in the 90,s overall out of 250 ish shooters

Last edited by a moderator:
Interested to see how Brett did at longridge, he rocked up just as we were leaving.

scores for longridge Hg j freeman 98

AA 1st c bromfield 97

2nd m myers 96

3rd N.portlock95

A 1st R.eggins 93

2nd c.bubb 91

3rd p bundy,w harris, c hawkes,r heal, p keatley,and j kitson all on 90

B 1st i.seabright 87,

2nd i lawrey, a payne, r potter 85

c 1st n tarlton 87

2nd d moreing 86

3rd t mcCarthy 76 These are todays longridge results

Nearly 20 targets over the cut off score in C and its only the first week :( and Mr Tarlton shot 40 clays over his issue 42 average??????

whats the point of having a system in place so "equal" abilities get to compete on a "level" playing field when C class is won with a AA score. Might be time to break the golf clubs out again. At least the R&A can work out a handicap system

cant you see that pretty much everyones scores were above average at longridge today?

8 people in A class above 90 aint exactly normal

Latest posts

Back