Longridge 4/6/12

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it,s a soft shoot all scores are gonna be above their respective averages, longridge is not aways like this,yet if you shot somewhere like oakedge AA would be flooded as they only ever seem to put soft shoots on. i dare say a lot of people enjoyed shooting a big out of class score at long ridge so will have gone away happy,their not all sandbaggers just cause they shot an above average scores at a soft shoot.

Nearly 20 targets over the cut off score in C and its only the first week :( and Mr Tarlton shot 40 clays over his issue 42 average??????
BETTER FIND OUT WHERE HE IS HAVING LESSONS FUZ :huh: ?????? did he do the E/O ? Good luck in the classic m8 you are going to need it if he rolls up haha

If it,s a soft shoot all scores are gonna be above their respective averages, longridge is not aways like this,yet if you shot somewhere like oakedge AA would be flooded as they only ever seem to put soft shoots on. i dare say a lot of people enjoyed shooting a big out of class score at long ridge so will have gone away happy,their not all sandbaggers just cause they shot an above average scores at a soft shoot.
hey m8 I was last in AA at oakedge with 86 !!!!!! there are a few boys up there who will be climbing the class ladder, well for 3 months anyway :cool:

Nearly 20 targets over the cut off score in C and its only the first week :( and Mr Tarlton shot 40 clays over his issue 42 average??????
Hi Fuzrat , good to see you & mrs Fuz at Longridge , didn't shoot so well myself either -61.....Checked the scores this morning & was ,like yourself ,expecting an 77-80 as a winning C class score .......Nearly fell off my chair when i saw 87.....need i say more !!!

hey m8 I was last in AA at oakedge with 86 !!!!!! there are a few boys up there who will be climbing the class ladder, well for 3 months anyway :cool:
Perhaps you should buy an air rifle and practise shooting straight at everything do not give leeeeeeeeed or you,ll miss, you should be fine then clynt

And well done to our Andy for coming 2nd in B at keggy with an 82 ,I followed him in with an 81 ,I'm on his case now ha ha

Err not just yet clynt ..,ive only been cpsa reg'd for 6 months,.my usual scores are early to mid 70's.only started improving in the last month since having a lesson with C B

Last edited by a moderator:
Err not just yet clynt ..,ive only been cpsa reg'd for 6 months,.
better find your self some tougher grounds :eek: but don't ask me where !!!!!!!! Westfields might do you some favours score wise and give you a insight to where you have really got with your shooting, Steve prides his self with plenty of variation. Newbold is another very well thought out ground target wise.

Ive shot newbold a couple of times and I do agree with you it is a testing ground , last time I shot it I came 2nd in c ,but I don't think the score was anything to brag about

My regular grounds are

Kegworth

Orston

Grange farm

Err not just yet clynt ..,ive only been cpsa reg'd for 6 months,.my usual scores are early to mid 70's.only started improving in the last month since having a lesson with C B
honestly m8 it took me 3 years to break 80 when I started but way back then :cry: reg shoots did not happen with the regularity they do now one a month if you were lucky and nothing through the winter months Urchfont was the place to test your self then they always left the 4 or 5 hard stds on each shoot and I just loved going there to try and try again.

60-70 was a formidable score there then, remember Gloucester's top shot Berni Spencer shooting 80+ and 40 or so shooters stayed for the prize giving, just to applaud his feat .................where as it all gone so wrong.

This Urchfont ground, they have Wiltshire county champs reg on the 17/6 is it worth a trip to further broaden my shooting horizons Clynt?

This Urchfont ground, they have Wiltshire county champs reg on the 17/6 is it worth a trip to further broaden my shooting horizons Clynt?
Definitely thats where i shot my P.B 75, Chaz Davis sets some good targets there he's one of the roundwood instructors/coaches

It's just down the road from the shooting club at upavon.

It's that same old plite Clynt that these ground holder's have, trying to put targets on to separate the big boys ,but not scare away the beginners and the latter for me pal is the most important .We all need new blood for our nasty sport to continue

Definitely thats where i shot my P.B 75, Chaz Davis sets some good targets there he's one of the roundwood instructors/coaches

It's just down the road from the shooting club at upavon.
Excellent, that will be no 14 and 15 different grounds in this period in 1 weekend :D Sporting targets on 16th :D

Excellent, that will be no 14 and 15 different grounds in this period in 1 weekend :D Sporting targets on 16th :D
Just before you get to upavon turn right on to the Devizes road,follow that for about 4 miles,take a left for Urchfont then first left onto Redhill it's up there on the left.You shoot both side of the road on a very steep hill.

Interesting to hear all this- some valid points. I did kegworth on the monday, turned up at 10, promptly missed 3 sitters on first stand then started shooting like a man... But the queuing/breakdowns were something else. It took the best part of 1.5hours to do two stands which pretty much killed it for me, we eventually got on and I missed the first pair out and decided to call it a day. Think I was 5 away up till then but was meant to be getting a train from Kettering at 3.30 and didn't fancy missing it!

Thought it was a steady shoot and somewhat surprise by the low scores- I thought there would be a cluster around 96/7.

The winning scores in class didn't seem excessive to me at kegworth, but a bit more so looking at longeidge.

As has been said there are so many reasons why this could have happened that are perfecty reasonable, it isn't always the case that it is sandbagging. It certainly isn't for the money!!

I know and like Chaz a good bloke the ground has grown over to what it was then and I would say on my last 2-3 visits although it is easier don't think you will see masses of scores in the 90's in AA let alone A class

your money is safe there too. very good payback to entry costs, basic club house, sh*t car parking for us old'ens :.: good walk round down the road but to be honest it's the roots of shooting for me.....and you know what !! you never hear locals there moaning about hard targets, give it a go reckon you will enjoy.............will drag my ass down there me thinks

I know and like Chaz a good bloke the ground has grown over to what it was then and I would say on my last 2-3 visits although it is easier don't think you will see masses of scores in the 90's in AA let alone A class

your money is safe there too. very good payback to entry costs, basic club house, sh*t car parking for us old'ens :.: good walk round down the road but to be honest it's the roots of shooting for me.....and you know what !! you never hear locals there moaning about hard targets, give it a go reckon you will enjoy.............will drag my ass down there me thinks
i was there in the middle to late 80!s all manual traps good tough round smoker used to go say no more ,i would like to go again i thought it had pack up clynt ,get these boys down there and they will have to for there average like we all do!!!

Latest posts

Back