Adjustable Comb hard wear

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom b

Hi does anybody know where to purchase adjustable comb hard wear? These kits seem to be nearly impossible to get in the uk apart from midway but there prices seem pretty high.

stock positioning systems check their website then ring to order ask for Joe Leone  i bought two this year price was £60 for the two including postage arrived in 4 days.

Another vote for stock positioning systems. Be warned though customs are likely to bust you for duty, doubles the price as they charge on top of shipping costs too.

Try to get him to ship it in an envelope through regular mail rather than a courier.

Another vote for stock positioning systems. Be warned though customs are likely to bust you for duty, doubles the price as they charge on top of shipping costs too.

Try to get him to ship it in an envelope through regular mail rather than a courier.
If the goods value is under £15 its duty free.

If the goods value is under £15 its duty free.
£18 but, customs are wise to this now you know!  Also; a company needs to insure the goods being sent, for a certain value...or risk losing money, should an item get lost.

This amount is usually marked on the CN22 green label.  So customs know the value.  It could of course be insured another way, but you are still unlikely to get a company to mark the value down for you.

So if you ask the item be marked as "Engineering Samples"....you might do better...probably...not that I know anything about it.

Say the item is $45 and shipping is $20, so $65 or £40

Depending on how the item is declared on the customs form, you can expect an Import Duty of 10-15%..lets say 12%

£40 + 12% =  £44.80

Then they will charge you VAT on that total.

£44.80 + 20% = £53.76

Then they will charge you VAT on the shipping costs of £12.38

£12.38 + 20% = £14.86

Plus the goods £14.86 + £53.76 = £68.62

Nearly forgot...THEN Parcel Farce will charge you £13 for collecting and dealing with customs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a memory stick online it arrived from Switzerland (outside eu) marked as £12.99 when I had paid £25 for it.....

I bought a memory stick online it arrived from Switzerland (outside eu) marked as £12.99 when I had paid £25 for it.....
Yeah...some companies do that.  Look at 7day shop...they send multiple packages from Jersey, to get around the taxes.

Obviously, customs wont look at it and discern its value to be much greater than declared... but if the think something is worth more than has been declared, then they wont release it until you have spoken to them and they have told you how much you will be paying.

Skeet UK has it right. the value of the goods is added to shipping and tax and all the rest. Then customs tacks some on.

Fedex will charge £50 for collecting the tax too.

It's a scam!

It may be worth getting shipto.com or myUS services.

Latest posts

Back