Zoli or Miroku..which stays.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cockney21

I've ended up with two guns but one must go. I've got a Miroku MK38 Teague Sporter grade 5 which I shoot with OK (I've come to the conclusion GD has nothing to worry about any time soon) and have also ended up with a brand new Zoli Kronos sporter.

I've now got to decide which to sell...the Zoli is very well made and does feel more balanced than the Miroku.

If I start using the Zoli I will probably knock a chunk off it's value as it will no longer have the "brand new appeal" and be harder to sell s/h.

Any advice most welcome,as I used to be indecisive but I'm not so sure now!

Last edited by a moderator:
What does each gun owe you ? Have you shot the Zoli at all or is it brand spanking ? The Zoli is more modern and so will feel more balanced straight out of the box but the Miroku will only take an hour to sort in that department. 

On balance I'd prolly move the Zoli on as the Miroku will easily do what you ask of it. 

If I HAD to live with one for keeps then It'd prolly be the Zoli as I prefer the low acton profile. 

You will need to realise that the Zoli is now not brand new ! Therefore it is valued at possibly 25%-30% less than new price.

Personally I would sell the Zoli and keep the Miroku, known reliability and service support, known to be able to do the job if the driver is any good, and you will possibly be able to sell it for what you paid for it in the future.

Zoli is a still to be recognised acquired taste.

The price I paid for the Zoli, and it is unfired, I will make profit....and that's the only reason I need to try and decide, otherwise I would keep both and see what I like most after a few '000 clays.

Keep the zoli and salopian will buy your miroku as he already has one or two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Keep the Miroku,  Zoli's were never in fashion!   Miroku been around since arly 70's, still there, best value gun on the market.

Oh well I'll have a ring round and see what the trade will offer me on the Zoli...

Anyone interested in buying it...? Zoli Kronos sporter 29.5" ...

The world and his wife have Miroku's, nowt wrong with that, but why not be brave and give the Zoli a punt. 

They are great guns by all accounts and are widely used in other countries. And, as Edgar Bros have taken on the UK you should be OK for support if needed (?)  

A vote for the Zoli :good:

I have handled a zoli trap and thought it very nice. Until recently one of our world cup ot shooters used one to great effect.

Miroku is Japanese so bit utilitarian like a Nissan van. Nothing wrong with that of course BUT on this occasion I disagree with tinker I would give you a quid for a zoli but I wouldn't give you ten bob for a miroku.

T&C

no miroku owners were hurt during the making of this post.

I'm very impressed with the Zoli to be honest. It is very well made and the fit and finish is first class. Don't get me wrong I've had Miroku for the last 25 years and I've never had any problems...but they do feel..how can I say this..an old design. Nothing wrong with that but I would not compare the way they are manufactured with the more modern methods.

As far as what is won with what I think we all know that who is behind the gun makes the most difference...Cant remember Holland or Purdey winning anything recently but I'd swap all our guns for one of their O/U.

Shooting is about the whole experience for most people, I for one will never win anything but I still go along and have a go each week.

And just to confirm the gun has never been sold to anyone for use. If it had shot a 100 or a 1000 I would say, I not the sort to mess people around or say something is otherwise.

Miroku

Even the name doesn't inspire :)

Zoli

On the other hand sounds like a burlesque performer

The miroku is ten times the gun the Zoli is in my book, get rid of the Z (if you can) a couple of my mates won ones and couldn't shift them for love nor money.

The miroku is ten times the gun the Zoli is in my book, get rid of the Z (if you can) a couple of my mates won ones and couldn't shift them for love nor money.
That's because the importers/makers are doing such an excellent marketing job, not.

I know it's been said before but just look at the success stories and copy them, it's not rocket science. If they give me a ring I can tell them where their main mistakes lie in about 5 minutes, within half an hour I bet I can get them to understand why their £5k guns aren't selling next to £6-8-12k ones. Never mind, they must know what they're doing, like MFI did.

That's a fair old gun to win as a prize...the old ones were a bit low rent but the latest I would say build wise are up there with most £3k guns.

This almost sounds like a "Head Vs Heart" argument.

It's pretty clear that the Miroku would be the better "Head" choice.  For sure there's better back up and they sell easily all day long.

Ref the competition comments - I know Zoli are hardly prodigious in this respect, but likewise I'm not so sure Miroku have a great international competition record these days (Do they?) But you (Cockney) make a good point about it not being about competition wins (al la Purdey/Holland etc) in any case. The simple joy of ownership is enough. A little like a buying a watch, in this analogy the Miroku is a solid reliable accurate Lorus Quartz and the Zoli is a nice Swiss made Automatic from a lesser known brand. (I know which I'd prefer!)

Ok, trying to get rid of the Zoli will be more difficult. But, if you think about it that's just as good a reason to keep it surely? Why give away all that quality for what will no doubt turn out to be a low price, if you get me?

You'd be able to sell the Miroku fairly easily, so if your aim to get one gun sold, that would make more sense to me.

Why not just keep it, enjoy it and use it yourself............. head v heart?

Back