Your first gun, and when?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mick.J

As the title really, What was your first gun and when.

Mine was a No3 Garden gun, bolt action, brass cartridges (you could get paper ones as well). It Had a 23 1/2 inch barrel, with bead and v sight.

I was 6 at the time, (lived on a farm) and had to have the stock cut right down to fit me.

It was disposed of in the eighties due to being under 24" barrel length.

Browning medallist 30".......off the peg nearly 28 years ago. (cheap as chips and won loads)

:))))

BSA Airsporter 7

Bolt action .410 9

Essex sxs 28" 11

Browning 325 17

All for killing things around the farm, which they all did!!! The Essex kicked like hell shooting ducks and hares with 36g Hull Ultramax 4's!!! There's a picture in my mums house of a huge hare I shot the day my dad bought it for me, came home, got out the car, he handed me the gun and 2 Eley Maximum BB's, "Go and shoot a hare, IF you get one, you can have another 2 cartridges....." Sneaked up the hedge to within 30yds of a hare, popped up, the hare bolted, missed with the first, killed with the second......woooohoooo!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Browning Medallist 30" multi-choke. Bought it from my brother as he'd lost interest. Early 90s I think

Old BSA airgun that my grandad had for shooting starlings and pigeons. He'd had it since his early 20s and was completed battered but dis a job.

First gun was a 3rd or 4th hand 686 sporter, bag of nails but did me ok!

Beretta 682 gold e 5 years ago, as a kid air guns BSA air sporter

BSA mercury

BSA meteor

BSA scorpion

webley tempest

daisy bb Winchester

and many more that I can't remember the names of

First gun was a Webley Hawk Mk II for plinking round the farm.

First shotgun was my dad's Browning Citori 325 28" sporter that my dad let me use, then I kind of acquired it by not giving it him back as sons do.

I also bought a Webley Senior .22 air pistol later and once had the opportunity to shoot at a pheasant in the field next to our house. Probably a 25 yards shot. I watched the pellet loop over and hit the pheasant with thwack so it was a pretty lucky shot. The pheasant just looked around then carried on pecking in the grass as if nothing had happened! Felt a right prat at the time but now I realise that the accuracy was quite impressive for a pistol shot but I could have wounded and not killed it which taught me a lesson

My first gun was a BSA .22 air gun when a teenager, then shooting all sorts of guns in the RAF.

I took up shotgun shooting in 1984.

My first shotgun was a Parker Hale game gun which I kept throughout my game shooting life until I gave up game shooting in 2000.

Vic.

BSA Airsporter .22 air rifle as a young teenager - a cracking air rifle!
Me also still have it after 33years

Though spose you meant shotty,,,,,,,,,,,,, Beretta 301a (5shot) sold in the eighties when the probs started so bought a Lanber, utter hopeless with it I was so shot everything round the farm with a folding .410

My dads bb revolver, (not sure of its name) it never worked, but still gave me hours of fun as a young kid.

To be honest i still dont know how it supposed to work, i may go get it and take a looksee ;)

Airsporter & countless spring guns,mostly German, too many to list

my first shotgun is simple, Beretta 686 E Evo

Like Jem, a Bettinsoli, just because it was brand new and only cost £750! That was about 6 or 7 years ago. (after a few months, I understood why it was so cheap - the guy in the shop called it a Bettinsoli Boomerang - cuz it kept comin back! :.: :.: )

A Feinwerbau air rifle from Don Grays of Chatham Kent, paid for it with my pocket money when I was thirteen I gave him £89.00 in one pound notes, then my first shotgun was a Beretta " Supersport" in 1989 I think it was £1200 brand new !

Baikal single barrel .410 for xmas when I was 9 :) First thing I ever shot was a catkin hanging off a tree on the boxing day shoot :.:

Back