Young shooters shotgun certificate.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cockney21

I am thinking of applying for a shotgun cert, for my 14 year old son. He shoots clays with me every week,

Now just need to clarify a bit of a grey area, to me at least, with regards him attending a shoot with his mother who is not a cert holder.

From the guidelines it looks as if he can be in possesion of a shotgun as long as he is with someone over 21, and they do not have to be a cert. holder. My question is can he take a gun with him to a shooting ground?

The wording is a bit unclear, I'm leaning towards "no", in that to do so would he would be giving access to a shotgun to non cert. holder in public (driving from home to a ground).

The main reason to ask is that there are some instances that I may not be able to take him to a competition but his mother could.

Any thoughts?

BASC has great leaflets on this look at their website once he is 15 it gets much simpler.

Last edited by a moderator:
Phone your firearms licensing department and ask them, the won't bite! After all, it's their decision that counts.

Back